Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    well not exactly. Fracking is a huge debate right now (at least around here), Everyone wants the gas, but it's NIMBY. The price of Silicone (PV) wafers is back down. CIGS is still a ways off, the production cost are still to high, it will be sometime before they are cost effective. I'm Sure they are working on it.

Only a year ago I could get solar panels for anywhere from $3 - $6 per watt. Now I can get them for $1/watt. If I buy a pallet (20 panels) I can get them even cheaper. Im going to buy a couple 100watt panels next week for $109 per panel
    I would say that the NEED for clean water trumps the need for fracking based oil or gas. If the links between fracking and contaminated wells is proven, which i believe may be the case, we would be much better off leaving the hydrocarbon in the ground and finding something else.

I regularly buy PV panels and 250kw last year and the ones I get are locally made at $1.20/w. Not Chinese. I only buy 250w +- panels.

Fracking is being banned in different countries, Britain for one. And i heard an interview with a farmer in NY or PA who has had to get in bottled water ever since the fracking started a couple of years ago. He won a court case forcing the company to deliver water until his well recovered, if it ever does?????

The coal industry is a very big dog!. Wonder why berry suddenly shut up.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Quote Originally Posted by sweat hog View Post
    The coal industry is a very big dog!. Wonder why berry suddenly shut up.
    The coal industry is electricity. You cannot take it down directly and firmly. He has to regulate it out of business over a period of time, indirectly. Basically, the idea is: tax the stuff you do not like [coal, established success] and throw taxpayer dollars at stuff you do like [solar panels, criminally negligent failure].

Obama lives in a world of fairy-tales where he thinks we will all be driving electric cars and heating our morning coffee with a wind generator. The man has the mechanical aptitude of of a dung-beetle. He collects some sh1t and finds a partner to roll it around all day expecting some great pay-off at the end of the trail. I find it humiliating to watch this president, knowing the whole world is also watching.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    The coal industry is electricity. You cannot take it down directly and firmly. He has to regulate it out of business over a period of time, indirectly. Basically, the idea is: tax the stuff you do not like [coal, established success] and throw taxpayer dollars at stuff you do like [solar panels, criminally negligent failure].

Obama lives in a world of fairy-tales where he thinks we will all be driving electric cars and heating our morning coffee with a wind generator. The man has the mechanical aptitude of of a dung-beetle. He collects some sh1t and finds a partner to roll it around all day expecting some great pay-off at the end of the trail. I find it humiliating to watch this president, knowing the whole world is also watching.

I would have no problem telling the utility company to shove their meter where the sun don't shine. The problem is all the crap that NObama WANTS is cost prohibitive. For me to go completely solar/wind generation would cost me around $50K to $75K, for an 1100ft² house the ROI (Return on Investment) is somewhere in the 20-30 year range. I'll be dead before I get my money back

and that assuming nothing bad happens to the equipment or Batteries.

If NObama wants "green energy" he better figure out a way to make it cost effective.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12