Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Obama Planned to Bankrupt Coal Industry

Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gla...-coal-industry

"We identified 11 green energy companies beside Solyndra that, together, got billions of tax dollars then declared bankruptcy or are suffering other serious financial issues."

http://www.mrc.org/biasalert/2012/20120113041744.aspx
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Crony capitalism at its best
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    Crony capitalism at its best
    Failed liberal idealism at best.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Failed liberal idealism at best.
    I'm sure thats what the administration would like you to think
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    I'm sure thats what the administration would like you to think
    No. They are not admitting failure. They are plunging blindly ahead. I do think it is just failed idealism. If it was just about money Obama would support coal or oil or gas where there is some actual money and not just bankruptcy procedures.

No doubt there is some crookedness going on where bankrupt companies are suing for executive bonuses. We all know what happened at GM too, so I get your point. I just think of the whole thing as a fool's errand more than an evil plot.

We are probably both correct on this one.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gla...-coal-industry

"We identified 11 green energy companies beside Solyndra that, together, got billions of tax dollars then declared bankruptcy or are suffering other serious financial issues."

http://www.mrc.org/biasalert/2012/20120113041744.aspx
    Got a less biased publication to quote?

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    I believe that the only publications that would support Obama on this would have been banned years ago as communist publications or publications supported by communist or Marxist organizations.

Nowadays of course environmental organizations who are loaded with Marxists or communists staffers. leaders and supporters support this with their anti American agenda. That is my "opinion" and I am standing by it.
    Last edited by glennac; 01-22-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can," Obama said. "It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted."

He said it, it is fairly old news, but here is a CBS verification:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-502443_1...43-502443.html

I still think it is failed liberal idealism, not that he intentionally set out to wreck the economy in some sort of coup ploy. Nevertheless...

there are many other factors going on here.

Doesn't anyone think it odd that just when Solar and Wind generation was becoming more popular, the price if Natural Gas Plummeted?

On top of that, the chinese are flooding the market place with cheap solar panels. The Chinese are making panels so cheap they actually have textile companies (in china) switching over to manufacturing solar panels

Solyndra's solar panels were unique in that they would produce electricity as long as it was light out, they were much more efficient than a standard panel and they were not made out of silicone wafers. They were made out of some stuff called CISG (Copper Indium Gallium Selenide)

Solyndra bought a very expensive machine to manufacture the panels. It was a Dutch machine that NO ONE could get to work right. Not even the Dutch engineers could make it work.

This machine is one reason why Solyndra was going down the tubes BEFORE NObama's loan. The Dept of Energy and the over site committee should have seen the problems long before the loans where made.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    there are many other factors going on here.

Doesn't anyone think it odd that just when Solar and Wind generation was becoming more popular, the price if Natural Gas Plummeted?

On top of that, the chinese are flooding the market place with cheap solar panels. The Chinese are making panels so cheap they actually have textile companies (in china) switching over to manufacturing solar panels

Solyndra's solar panels were unique in that they would produce electricity as long as it was light out, they were much more efficient than a standard panel and they were not made out of silicone wafers. They were made out of some stuff called CISG (Copper Indium Gallium Selenide)

Solyndra bought a very expensive machine to manufacture the panels. It was a Dutch machine that NO ONE could get to work right. Not even the Dutch engineers could make it work.

This machine is one reason why Solyndra was going down the tubes BEFORE NObama's loan. The Dept of Energy and the over site committee should have seen the problems long before the loans where made.
    Natural Gas......fracking, you will have gas but eventually drinking water will be 10 times the cost of gasoline. Gas goes down because of the recession, simple reason. A local response to a local condition.

The Chinese market for panels is way higher than what they ship over here. Their govt decided that the kids in bejing should be able to see a blue sky so it is a much for their country as selling to us.

Lots of people are working on CIGS panels. When it can be commercialized, it may be a very good technology, and they are close.

Natural gas boom in the US and it looks like it will not stop for a while. We are rethinking a 20 billion dollar investment up here for hydroelectric power that was to supply the US market. The reason, cheap NG to feed turbines. Coal is a dirty fuel, natural gas is about the cleanest hydrocarbon around.

PITTSBURGH — The huge, belching smokestacks of electric power plants have long symbolized air pollution woes. But a shift is under way: More and more electric plants around the nation are being fueled by natural gas, which is far cleaner than coal, the traditional fuel.
    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/ja...s-to-generate/

US natural gas prices have slid to their lowest point in a decade and the industry is braced for further declines as the shale rock drilling boom redraws America’s energy landscape.

The price collapse – down 85 per cent from an all-time high in 2005 – could benefit heavy industries in the US but is likely to hurt companies such as ExxonMobil and BHP Billiton, which have spent billions of dollars over the past three years to exploit natural gasfields in the US.
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1199fc56-4...#axzz1kEBhZqTB
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Natural Gas......fracking, you will have gas but eventually drinking water will be 10 times the cost of gasoline. Gas goes down because of the recession, simple reason. A local response to a local condition.

The Chinese market for panels is way higher than what they ship over here. Their govt decided that the kids in bejing should be able to see a blue sky so it is a much for their country as selling to us.

Lots of people are working on CIGS panels. When it can be commercialized, it may be a very good technology, and they are close.

well not exactly. Fracking is a huge debate right now (at least around here), Everyone wants the gas, but it's NIMBY. The price of Silicone (PV) wafers is back down. CIGS is still a ways off, the production cost are still to high, it will be sometime before they are cost effective. I'm Sure they are working on it.

Only a year ago I could get solar panels for anywhere from $3 - $6 per watt. Now I can get them for $1/watt. If I buy a pallet (20 panels) I can get them even cheaper. Im going to buy a couple 100watt panels next week for $109 per panel
    The Last four letters

any questions

and the Fracking debate continues: The Nobama administration may bring the entire industry to a complete and total destruction

1. EPA Threatens North Dakota Oil Boom

Oil production in North Dakota has boomed to the point that the state now produces nearly as much oil each day as OPEC member Ecuador.

But a decision by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) could bring a halt to the boom that has virtually eliminated unemployment in North Dakota.

The state now has 200 rigs pumping 440,000 barrels of oil daily in the Bakken shale formation, according to the Heartland Institute. The state’s unemployment rate is holding at just 3.5 percent, with many oil industry jobs paying more than $100,000 a year, and “we have 18,000 jobs looking for people,” North Dakota Republican Rep. Rick Berg told The Hill.

“If our country’s GDP grew at 7 percent, as it does in [my] state, most of our problems would be over in two years.”

The North Dakota legislature is using some of the state’s oil revenue to fund $1.2 billion in infrastructure improvements, including roads and schools. Public schools will receive $340 million in oil-related revenues over the next two years, and oil money will pay for a disaster relief fund and a reduction in property taxes.

Also, the legislature has ordered that 30 percent of the funds from the state’s 6.5 percent oil extraction tax be sent to the state’s Legacy Fund, which cannot be touched until 2017, when accrued interest will become available for spending.

One reason for the boom: “The regulatory environment was already low in North Dakota, certainly better than California’s and some other oil-producing states,” said Brett Narloch, executive director of the North Dakota Policy Council.

“As we move forward with oil production, I expect the business environment to get better."

Most of the Bakken shale production is occurring on private land, but analysts and state legislators fear the EPA may still seek to shut it down, the Institute reported.

The federal agency is currently investigating hydraulic fracturing (fracking) production techniques, which are used in shale oil production.

Narloch said: “If the EPA decides to ban fracking, that shuts down the entire industry since so many of the wells operate by that procedure. It would kill this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast