Quadra-Fire Edge 60 Pellet-Burning Fireplace Help

Hello,

I am in need of help, information, pictures, links personal knowledge I'm sure you get the point. I thank all in advanced for any info, and I did not just look for a quick fix by coming to a place like this to ask the question and find info, I have been researching and looking on the web, but not finding a lot really have not seen anyone talk about this unit in a good way or a bad way.

What am I talking about? The “Quadra-Fire Edge 60 Pellet-Burning Fireplace” it is a pellet fireplace, very good looking and different. I am as of now going to by this beast, the cost here in Fairbanks, Alaska is a whopping $XXXX and that’s with a $XXX off, made up to make you feel like your getting a deal, coupon...

The Mt Vernon is in ways the same stove, just with a different body, and heat that that unit puts out is assume just did not want that look. So please anyone and all anything.

Need to know if the company make a good product, what are any bad thing anyone has heard and also the good things.
    This will not be my main source of heat it will go into a 2800sq ft house.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Stamas; 01-18-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Removed Pricing.

Please read and follow rules, specifically pricing.

Stamas thanks for the info, and no I did not read all the rules, I did glance at them but not all. Also to clear my post up, I'm not asking for DIY type help as in how do I install, I would like your professional opinions and or interactions with this unit if any, or what you know about the company or unit so I have more information on this systems that has a high $$$ attached too it, as the so called professional selling it to me really had no clue, he just wants me to buy it, and don’t care what I may have to have fixed down the road by one of you all. I don’t want a lemon.. I also want to make this decision based on I have another system I could buy from a small business owner who in fact knows what he is selling me and does the install also, who may be the guy I get anyways to install the quadro-fire.

I did go and read the rules after I seen your post and understand fully.

Hi, first you wanna find out the build date, and if any upgrades have been done to it.
    The Edge 60 and the Mt Vernon, as you have said have the same internals.

When this system came out it was ahead of its time, and you know what that means. well to make a long story short numerous upgrades have been done to these units, including but not limited to Burnpot, thermocouple, control board, wall control, and heat exchange cover. so if this is pre 2009 you may wanna try and talk the dealer into upgrading components.
    They also have a lower watt ignitor which is a pellet only ignitor but will last longer than the standard one, this goes for anyone with a Mt Vernon that chews up ignitors.

If it is a newer model the upgrades have been done from factory and these are very nice stoves, expensive as... but nice. they put off great heat and are very quiet.

P.S. In my area the edge 60 did not sell well at all, which means haggle with the price

Thanks for the response DarthVadar. As fare as the unit goes I would assume the build date is with in the past year and I would hope I got the upgraded one as I just Bought this Unit today.

I will be installing it soon, and If anyone would like pictures of the before and after I would be happy to post. I understand that I will have issues here and there, that goes with anything that has moving parts and electrical components.

I am praying it happens after years of use or so or within an ecceptable time, so when that time comes I know a few people in the heating and plumbing field, and who knows I will be out of the service soon, may be looking into going to heating and plumbing school or learn on the job, just an option I have.

I also still would like feed back and any install pics on this item if anyone has... I kinda know what look im going for but who knows.

Anyone here think that a manufacture date on my what I thought was new Pellet stove to be an issue if it was built in July 2009 ? how do I know if the 2009 ones had issues ?

If I had known it was built back then I would have told the guy to get a newer one to the store ..

* Quadra-Fire Edge 60 Pellet-Burning Fireplace

you should be good. you have the newest control board and wall control(the expensive things) you may not have the newest burnpot. The newest burnpot has two holes drilled into the ignitor holder(square steel channel wielded to the bottom of the burnpot) and a 1.5" slot also cut into the ignitor holder.

In any case request a 300 watt ignitor from your dealer. Quad just came out with them to relieve poor ignitor life in the Edge and AE. The 300 watt ignitor has black leads, the factory 380 watt ignitor has white leads.

Thank you very much, that will be a big time help for me when I talk to the dealer.

Quadra-Fire Edge 60 Pellet-Burning Fireplace Help

Quote Originally Posted by mjm1972 View Post
    Thank you very much, that will be a big time help for me when I talk to the dealer.
    Hi, was wondering how the Edge was working out. I have an oppoutunity to purchase one still crated and unopened. If you don't mind me asking what was the purchase price? Thank You

Hi, was wondering how the Edge was working out. I have an opportunity to purchase one still crated and unopened. Pro's /Cons? Thank You

Long over due update on my edge 60 pellet stove. I bought it not long after my first post, and it works fine. Two issues with it are

1.The auger went out, it was under warranty so I got a new one, it was simple to replace. Works fine.

2.The wall mounted control unit has issues with it blinking on and off. Have not fixed it yet

3. Down side to the pellet stove is when the power goes out so does the stove, unless you have the cord that allows you to connect to a car battery, and I've used it once. It works.

All and All I'm happy with it, was a little pricey but so be it. Sorry so late on update, but as they say....

The blinking wall control is either a bad connection or a faulty wall control. What you can try is loosen the three wires coming into the back of the unit(red, green, and white) re tighten them insuring that there is good copper to screw connection.
    Next open up the wall control, there are four tabs, two top and two bottom. You can either squeeze the wall control front or use a screw driver to release the tabs. After you open up the wall control you will see where the three wires come in at, re-connect the wires and clean the three prongs. Then put the wall control back together and give it a go.