HVAC Tax Credit HELP.

HVAC Tax Credit HELP.

If I am in the wrong area please move. I read this thread, and it totally confused me. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....it+5695&page=6
    I currently just installed an HVAC system. Went to a 15 Seer system up at least two ratings. Awaiting confirmation from contractor as we had some problems with the identity of the original system serial numbers etc etc.
    Regardless, I ended up paying too much in taxes this year, so I will get a refund. But with the installation of the new HVAC, ducting etc at $$$$ plus dollars for my home, what kind of credit can I expect?
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 01-18-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: removed pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    If I am in the wrong area please move. I read this thread, and it totally confused me. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....it+5695&page=6
    I currently just installed an HVAC system. Went to a 15 Seer system up at least two ratings. Awaiting confirmation from contractor as we had some problems with the identity of the original system serial numbers etc etc.
    Regardless, I ended up paying too much in taxes this year, so I will get a refund. But with the installation of the new HVAC, ducting etc at $$$$ plus dollars for my home, what kind of credit can I expect?
    It would have to meet the debt of energy's seer and eer ratings in order to qualify. Your contractor should be able to provide that information. If it's an ac model it would have to be 16 seer. The max would be 500 dollars. You should not need the old systems information at all unless there are some local utility rebates.
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

16 Seer. Ouch. Well, Its only a 15 SEER. Tempstar smartcomfort tx 5500.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    16 Seer. Ouch. Well, Its only a 15 SEER. Tempstar smartcomfort tx 5500.
    Thanks.
    Ihttp://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...edits.tx_index

It's all different depending on if it's a heat pump, central ac, pkg unit...did it have a variable speed blower (that's worth $50 by itself, use advanced main circulating fan). If it's a 95% afue gas furnace check with your local gas utility, they have a rebate program.
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

In referencing US tax credits for appliances, you must be clear about the year in which the product was purchased. In 2010, it was a $1,500 credit for many of the high efficiency HVAC products. That dropped in 2011 to as low as zero dollars for some previously covered units but the maximum for any HVAC residential installations for 2011 is $350 for the unit and $50 for the ECM motor if installed. And for 2012.....dream on.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    In referencing US tax credits for appliances, you must be clear about the year in which the product was purchased. In 2010, it was a $1,500 credit for many of the high efficiency HVAC products. That dropped in 2011 to as low as zero dollars for some previously covered units but the maximum for any HVAC residential installations for 2011 is $350 for the unit and $50 for the ECM motor if installed. And for 2012.....dream on.
    I am overseeas so I am having the company send me all the data . It was purchased/installed Dec,2011. It has a variable 2 speed pump.