ENERCO HEATER BIG MAXX 75000 BTU LP HSU75NG

Hi,

I am strictly looking for pros opinion of this heater. I recently pruchased this unit, and i am debating taking it back strictly on the basis of where it is made. My father has a real issue with parts/machines made in China, and now he has me thinking.

I never was able to dig up much other than a few personal opinions on the net. Safety is the primary concern. Can i depend on this unit to be safe in a garage physically connected to my home? and If not, what is a suitible, safe replacement?

I posted in the past with differant requirements, but after going through a partial winter, and realising how much/little i will want to use the heat, i changed my mind for my criteria.

First, I've never heard of the equipment before. Second, most of the HVAC equipment, except for the mini-split market, are made in the USA. Personally, I'd like to keep it that way. The few dollars you might save with a Made in China unit can't be very much. The bulk of the cost of a furnace or AC installation is in the labor to do the job properly. So saving a few bucks on the equipment just isn't worth the effort, IMO.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!