Post Likes

Siemens QAA2280 Out-Of-Service

Hello,

I am having issues with my Siemens QAA2280 Thermostats showing Out-Of-Service on our Metasys control panel. I can remove the Out-Of-Service by commanding it but it just automatically flips back Out-Of-Service and does not report the correct temperature reading.

Any ideas on why this may be happening?

Also...this is only happening on a few of our thermostats, I have tried looking at a working stat, controller, and on metasys and everything looks the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syenergyriv View Post
    Hello,

I am having issues with my Siemens QAA2280 Thermostats showing Out-Of-Service on our Metasys control panel. I can remove the Out-Of-Service by commanding it but it just automatically flips back Out-Of-Service and does not report the correct temperature reading.

Any ideas on why this may be happening?

Also...this is only happening on a few of our thermostats, I have tried looking at a working stat, controller, and on metasys and everything looks the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This is an issue with older firmware. The only way the an AI point can be commanded in BACnet is by putting it Out of Service. The TEC needs to do this in order to update the value. This is normal and doesn't affect anything other than showing orange in Metasys and there isn't really any way to fix it without Siemens coming in and either replacing the controls or flashing them can't remember the solution they came up with.

Post Likes
    Thanks for your help. We will give updating the firmware a try and see if that corrects this "annoyance".