Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Goodman

Iras I can see your points about your dist, I know it happens around here too. I guess the reason I feel the way I do is because of the number of dealers buying goodman at a negative gross profit for goodman and the selling to Johnstone and other co-distributors at cost. The only justification for that is market share (moving boxes). All distributors have numbers to meet, market share targets, etc to keep their jobs so in a sense your statement is correct, but goodman will sell a piece of equipment to anyone that has an account with them. If there are 5 HVAC dealers in the same industrial park they can all buy goodman, where the others choose not to allow that many in a small area. I know this is open to each distributors practices, but in my area it would seem at least a 5-10 minute or more drive between Trane dealers and generally the same for the other "name brands."

I can see your points. I wonder how long before the bigger names give in and do the same.

[Edited by Irascible on 04-04-2006 at 08:22 PM]

Originally posted by hetrola
    Robo, Scents might not make sense, but they make cent's.
    And there lies the problem

About true with everything, eh?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Limited distribution has been successful by several major brands in our area,believe it or not.

Yea right! Lets ask beencool about Carrier's "limited" distribution

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Is he in our area??LOL

Seriously,we had a tradition of limited from 30 plus years of Independent Distribution,that has carried over to the Factory Branch.

Probably was better with the independent,but it's still limited.

Originally posted by dash
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Is he in our area??LOL

Seriously,we had a tradition of limited from 30 plus years of Independent Distribution,that has carried over to the Factory Branch.

Probably was better with the independent,but it's still limited.
    And to be fair, for over 50 years it was that way in the Baltimore/DC area. Then Carrier pulled their equipment from the local distributer (United Products Distributors) that had been repping them them for over 50 years and put the Carrier line in AES branches.

They have changed again to Carrier Mid-Atlantic, but ever since taking the line away from United Products Distributors, anyone can by Carrier.

GMNT and GMNTE models

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I've seen quite a few of them. All from air entering the IDB venting through the drain system without going through the burners and heat exchanger.

There was an initial recall on collector boxes installed on the very first run of GMNT and GMNTE models, most of which were caught and repaired at the distributor level.

All other cracked collector box issues I have inspected had improperly installed condensate drains, open ports on trap assembly, were overfired or had improper venting....every one.
    Hey RoBo
    I have a customer (contractor) with a GMNTE that is (was) leaking on the control board. (they found it after putting 5 boards in the furnace) wow
    Tech changed out 4 boards before calling me.
    The furnace is now on its 6th board
    This recall that you are talking about....
    I can not find it in Goodmans Service or Product Bulletins
    Went back to 96
    Any idea where I can track this down??

Bringing in a new seal for the unit.
    CB is not cracked I am told

Wes

Thumbs up

I felt the same as most with regard to Goodman equipment until we lost the Condensing unit three days before closing on the house we just sold. I was looking for the cheapest possible replacement and Goodman was it. A few weeks later, I had a customer with limited funds and a ceased compressor. You guessed it...Goodman. That was about 11 years ago and I've installed many of them since; even in the house I currently live in. Not 1 call back or problem with any of them. The gauge metal they use is a little on the light side and the paint is a little weak, but other than that, they have been good to my customers and me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypslugger View Post
    I felt the same as most with regard to Goodman equipment until we lost the Condensing unit three days before closing on the house we just sold. I was looking for the cheapest possible replacement and Goodman was it. A few weeks later, I had a customer with limited funds and a ceased compressor. You guessed it...Goodman. That was about 11 years ago and I've installed many of them since; even in the house I currently live in. Not 1 call back or problem with any of them. The gauge metal they use is a little on the light side and the paint is a little weak, but other than that, they have been good to my customers and me.

Yea this kind of stuff "never" happens to any other equipment.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456