Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodman

The Goodman GSC13 which replaced the CLT for the 13 SEER model was lower in price when it was introduced. If the pricing is now higher it is because of overall price increases.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

GSC's here are lower as well, but should we be talking about this here?
    Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. - Eric Draven

Site Rulez!

Technically Goodman does not consider themselves a "low end brand." They refer and market themselves as a "value brand" and market the Amana as the "premium brand." This is straight from what I was taught as a CSR at a Goodman COD.

Originally posted by bigned
    Technically Goodman does not consider themselves a "low end brand." They refer and market themselves as a "value brand" and market the Amana as the "premium brand." This is straight from what I was taught as a CSR at a Goodman COD.
    This is very true. With all of the advancements that Goodman has made, it is not a low end product...and the price is reflecting that factor.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

use goodman up here in wisc. Dont have any problems the last 3 years____

Hmm

My mistake, I meant "value brand" but I used low end because I meant low end price, what budget buys are after. They consider Amana the Premium brand, which is what Trane, Carrier, Lennox and York are; that was my point. You talked about how they were cheaper than these and of course they are, they cannot be the same as Amana. What are the Amana prices? I know that Whirlpool/Fridgidaire are up there with others.
    As I originally said I am not into brand bashing, but it just seems that 9 out of 10 here in Mo, if it is hack, it is Goodman.
    Robo, if the manufacturer makes sure that their distributor network only sells to qualified maybe it would not be that way.

Is anyone replacing Goodmans under that one program where Goodman will sell you the equipment at a reduced price if you install it at a reduced price

Robo, Scents might not make sense, but they make cent's.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

Originally posted by bigned
    The problem is Goodman is all about moving boxes, period.
    You've mentioned that more than once in this thread bigned. The implication seems to be that other brands are not all about moving boxes. But of course we know that's wrong. They're all whores.

The difference is that my local Goodman distributor acts like they're glad to see me. My Trane wholesaler is a snot nosed bistird with whom I practically have to beg for the "privilege" of selling their overpriced status symbols. I'm a dealer of both. But I'd gladly drop Trane in a heartbeat if it wasn't for that 20% of customers that insist on perceived quality.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by tony82164
    Originally posted by deano821
    I have seen the new goodman furnaces at a local dealer. They dont look too bad. They seem allot better quality than the Janitrol line.

I am looking for feedback on your opinion of these units.

I tried to deal with goodman distributer and they told me the price on the equipment when i called back they jacked up the price and only came down a little i told them i would get it some ware else i bought a 13 seer heat pump by nordyne and the customer is very pleased.
    wow! Sucks to be you, eh? With some people claiming that anyone can buy Goodman and you can't...wow...just; wow!
    Oh!they had no problem selling it to me at a higer price than all the quotes i had gotten.I told them that goodman was not that damn good to be the most expensive price out there,Then i told them i will get it some were else.

the cost of the product is a fraction of the overall cost to install. There's a reason why a Pepsi costs more at Olive Garden than it does at McDonalds.

Iras it is laughable that you would sell a piece of equipment because the dist. acts happy to see you. In my area most Trane dealers don't see the dist. because of free delivery. How much is your time worth to you to be spending so much time in the supply house? Let me ask you a question- other than acting happy to see you and selling a "value brand" what is goodman doing for you? There is a reason why Trane is "an overpriced status symbol." The reason is the free delivery, the millions spent on advertising to make you and all the trane dealers more money, the business and sales and technical training, etc. How many goodman commercials have you seen lately? The goodman dist I worked at would only deliver free once per week and only if you bought 5+ motor bearing units. Meanwhile, you and all the Trane guys get to spend their time making money where goodman guys cost themselves money everytime they pay a tech to stop at the supply house. Oh, BTW Trane's market research says that 39% of customers buy based on brand so why are you losing the other 19%?

our experience is the client will go with what we recommend,we handled trane for 10 years up here furnaces run for 8 months per year believe me when i say its not hard to stop a trane,we now handle the goodmana line and up to this point have NOT had one failure, if as everyone says it is in the install and our same crews installed both then it must be in the product trane is not what a lot of people on this site say it is.

Big,

The 20% number was Robo's. If it's 39% that's fine too. I'm still going to sell a big name brand either way.

As far as motivations for what I sell, I don't recall ever stating why I sell what I sell. But I also didn't properly explain my comment about the distributor's attitude.

I was replying to your comment that Goodman is about pushing boxes, which seemed to imply that others are not. In my opinion that's not true on the face of it. But the real irony for me is that my Trane distributor rep was basically trying to ace me out of dealer status because I refuse to play ball. I won't join their marketing program because in my opinion their marketing is based in half-truths. At the same time I've proven to them that I install kick ass systems. Their number one and number two tech support guys both told me that I was practically the only one that ever called them with intelligent technical questions (as opposed to calling to ask about first year trade school stuff). The ONLY reason I retained dealer status was because their number one tech guy became the sales manager. In essence I went over my sales rep's head.

All the training and support offered by the Trane wholesaler is a very valid point. But in my case at least, and it may very well be an exception (though I doubt it), all that support wasn't worth @ss because I refused to hustle enough boxes - despite the fact that the stuff I install gets handled with unusual competence. That's what I meant about the Goodman wholesaler being happy to see me. They don't give me a bunch of crap for not pushing enough boxes. And that's why I found your statement about Goodman being only about moving boxes to be ironic. My Trane wholesaler at least is so consumed with pushing stuff out the door that they don't much care for your business if that's not your all consuming desire too.

I could be a lone exception. It could be a local phenomenon. It could just be that my rep is an exception. Certainly different distributors of the same product handle things differently. But from what I've heard from others; from what I've heard about local Trane/Home Depot arrangements; it's not an exception. Trane is just as big a whore as the rest. In my case at least, they're just bigger pricks about it is all.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast