Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodman

well, to put my 2 cents in, i think goodman has an overall good product, i supply 2 brand types to the consumer a/s & goodman & most people go for the goodman, alot has to do with cost, but most of all is the warranty & easy assesibilty to parts from a local supply house, one thing i would like to see goodman do is NOT SELL TO HOMEOWNERS DIRECTLY we have a wholesale warehouse close by that sells to do it yourselfers & i think that poor installation from homeowners causing early breakdowns will keep adding to bad name of janitrol, also , i have noticed when i do install a janitrol, it has the goodman name on it, did goodman abandon the janitrol name ?, did they realize that the junk the put out in the early 90's came back to haunt consumer confidence in the product name ?
    2 hot 2 cool

If people slam goodman what exactly are they slamming??? the copeland scroll, or recip? the GE fan motors?? the checkflowrator (more reliable than trane am. std. check valve) the sporlan txv?? the ge DC variable speed motor?? (used in trane, carrier,and goodman units) maybe they dont like the color give me a break. a very well desighned and engineered machine

i agree, it's a good product, did you not read that in my post ?, it's how they market the damn things, joe blow consumer & joe blow hacks can't get an a/s, a trane,lennox or a carrier product, but they can damn sure get a goodman !
    2 hot 2 cool

Dennis nothing directed at you just the whole goodman discussion as a whole. my recomendation to anyone anyones system installed by some one who knows what hes doing will out perform the best system installed by a couple of monkeys

Dennis

I was refering to advertizing, not selling to the public.

Originally posted by tsherwood
    DON'T DO IT! YOU WILL BE SORRY!
    Upon what do you base your response?

And please turn off the caps lock.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Originally posted by a\c don
    Originally posted by tsherwood
    DON'T DO IT! YOU WILL BE SORRY!
    Upon what do you base your response?
    I'd venture to say... beings the OP is a new member that tsherwood assumes this is going to be a DIY install.

Which we all know would not be in the OP's best interest.

I could be wrong.

Re: My take

Originally posted by Stamas
    As Goodman continues to evolve it will get into things that it didn't do before, including marketing to the public.
    Wanna bet a crabcake and Tequila & Coke Roboman? Say, hmm, in 5-years time?

(Tequila and Coke is a joke, I hope you know)
    I usually drink a coke or pepsi as a sideline to my tequila sipping, so no worries there

I don't know about that one Stamas. Goodman came to the market stricktly going after the contractors. Goodman has never spent one dime on direct marketing to the consumer and it certainly has kept growing in market share since its inception in 1982.

Goodman is expanding its marketing to contractors by making it easier for contractors to sell themselves with the Goodman brand used as a staple of the contractors advertizing.

There are now very clever radio ads that contractors can use with their tag on them. As an A-Plus dealer, a contractor can have the radio ad with their tag line sent to a radio station and the cost of the ad can be taken out of that contractors accrual fund of 1-5% of all purchases made at a Goodman Distribution branch.

So no, I don't see Goodman going direct to the public because it has never had to and is doing even better at supportig the contractors to sell the Goodman brand that I believe Goodman will stick to that strategy.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by dennis663
    i agree, it's a good product, did you not read that in my post ?, it's how they market the damn things, joe blow consumer & joe blow hacks can't get an a/s, a trane,lennox or a carrier product, but they can damn sure get a goodman !
    Joe Blow can get anything that is manufactured. The issue here is what does Joe Blow want, and Joe Blow wants the least expensive item that has the same efficiencies. There are plenty of "contractors" that are willing to sell any brand they can make money from to the Joe Blows of the world. With Goodman, the contractors and the HOs both make out better monetarily.

I have a feeling that that is going to change when Haier gets its act together. Haier is going to outprice everyone and will be what every Joe Blow will want.

Incidentally, consumers buying HVAC equipment did not start with Goodman. Long before Goodman was even a company people were buying other brands. In my area the top direct to consumer units were Rheem, Ruud, Heil, Tappan and Singer. Those were simply the least expensive brands and contractors made a quick buck buying them and reselling them to HOs.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by dennis663
    ah yeah ok what ever you say

over the internet you can get anything I bet if I tried hard enough I could buy your soul

i don't agree, hell, look on e-bay, goodmans out the ass for sale to joe blow diy's, not to many others, mostly used on the other brands.
    2 hot 2 cool

Goodman is not selling to the public, READ Robo's post, don't just skim it and go, "Oh! Oh! OH! BUT!". Tell the wholesale house to stop letting HO's buy, tell the guy selling it on ebay to not sell it to HO's.

You are blaming the wrong part if you blame Goodman. Don't blame the manufacturer, blame the seller.

Oh, and Goodman no longer sells the Janitrol and GMC brands, so stop with the Junkitrol, etc. please.
    Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. - Eric Draven

Site Rulez!

Re: Re: My take

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by Stamas
    As Goodman continues to evolve it will get into things that it didn't do before, including marketing to the public.
    Wanna bet a crabcake and Tequila & Coke Roboman? Say, hmm, in 5-years time?

(Tequila and Coke is a joke, I hope you know)
    I usually drink a coke or pepsi as a sideline to my tequila sipping, so no worries there

I don't know about that one Stamas. Goodman came to the market stricktly going after the contractors. Goodman has never spent one dime on direct marketing to the consumer and it certainly has kept growing in market share since its inception in 1982.

Goodman is expanding its marketing to contractors by making it easier for contractors to sell themselves with the Goodman brand used as a staple of the contractors advertizing.

There are now very clever radio ads that contractors can use with their tag on them. As an A-Plus dealer, a contractor can have the radio ad with their tag line sent to a radio station and the cost of the ad can be taken out of that contractors accrual fund of 1-5% of all purchases made at a Goodman Distribution branch.

So no, I don't see Goodman going direct to the public because it has never had to and is doing even better at supportig the contractors to sell the Goodman brand that I believe Goodman will stick to that strategy.

So, do we have a bet?
    The T&C comment was spawned by a friend raidng the liquor cabinet looking for Bacardi Gold, not looking hard enough a made two very strong Teq And Cokes before we told him what he was drinking.
    BTW, I was told to call your favorite watering hole here. They appear to be looking for a new contractor. We'll see.

[Edited by Stamas on 03-27-2006 at 07:30 PM]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast