Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the feedback!

I'm curious though, with the s-series City Multi, what is the one (or two) most important things my ac guys should pay attention to, so I don't have to worry about issues later!?

I keep reading about how sensitive the install has to be. I wanna make sure they do it right the first time!

Cheers

Also, I'd like to leave open the possibilities of expanding indoor, ceiling-mounted units later, but I can't afford multiple indoor units now...

I'm thinking about the Vertical Air Handler for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

I'm curious though, with the s-series City Multi, what is the one (or two) most important things my ac guys should pay attention to, so I don't have to worry about issues later!?

I keep reading about how sensitive the install has to be. I wanna make sure they do it right the first time!

Cheers
    The one most important thing is that they have City Multi training and/or several successful installations completed. Call the places where they have installed them and see if people are happy with them.

If not done correctly you will have some very expensive repairs later on, and will go around bashing Mitsubishi for their junk unit, when in reality it will not be manufacturer defects. Remember, you have no warranty.

These are some of the nicest, most reliable system available IF installed and commissioned correctly.

This has trouble written all over it. I'm not how you even knew if you got a "deal" on this thing anyway since it didn't included linesets and indoor unit. The outdoor unit iteself as metioned in many posts now, is just one piece of the puzzle. These are great units. We're about to do our first VRF installation at my work soon to repalce open loop city water source heat pumps that consume 2X the dollar amount of water as electricity.

Mitsubishi has a full line of indoor units that are compatible I believe of both their larger scale VRF units as well as the city (which is a "baby" commerical & residential system). The larger units can be tied together to get up to 20 tons of capacity with up tons 30 tons combined nominal rating of indoor units.

TO sum it up... it's comparatively easy to install, mix and match indoor, outdoor, airhandlers and such until your heartscontent wiht coinventional split systems. They may run less effcienctly, but they will work just fine all mismatched and common refridgeration principals apply. The multi unit minisplits (VRF's) are a qhole different anomal and require special tools and training.

Its' like going from a carbeurated car to a closed loop fuel injection system with a 32 bit ECU and can-bus wiring. Almost anyone can work on a 1980's BWM motorcycle wiht a manual and some knowhow. A 2012 BMW requires a $20k diagnostic computer just to sychronize the throttle bodies for a basic tune-up or bleeding the ABS brake system.

woody19, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Ok, well I finally spoke with the guys I'm planning to use and they said they've installed lots of these multi city units. I don't think they have any computer program for it though. I'll find out soon.

Anyway, I'm gonna have em pick up the vertical air handler and should have them installing it in 2-3 weeks.

I'm sure I'll have some follow up comments on the way.

Thanks guys for your attention to the thread!

Still think you got a deal then?

I think so but we're not supposed to quote price here, apparently.

I got the compressor for about 70% off, I'm getting the air handler for the cost to my ac guys and the labor for trade.

It may sound a little risky but I wouldn't have been able to afford this gear at msrp.

just wait till you have a control board go out in that "deal" of a condenser. Without warranty you'll be spending that money you saved and then some...

I don't usually buy warranties, or extended warranties for that matter.

Does Mitsubishi make poor quality control boards? From what I've read, these are supposed to be pretty reliable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12