+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Large commercial non-union companies??

Post Likes

Large commercial non-union companies??

Just like it says.....looking to go commercial.

Since I haven't started classes at the local yet, I'm "not available" for work, which REALLY SUCKS, as I was about to be hired by a national company...REALLY tryin to hold my tongue and not explode here......

anyway....what other large companies are out there?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post

Since I haven't started classes at the local yet, I'm "not available" for work, which REALLY SUCKS, as I was about to be hired by a national company...REALLY tryin to hold my tongue and not explode here......

You might Emcor or Trane

Post Likes
    WV..... you have to go to where the commercial building are so plan on traveling i thought you were in NC was going to tell you to go to Brady Service...forgettaboutthattt.they use to rep Trane state wide from 5 offices check there site...and took all the equipment and customers when trane bought them.....heard from a friend its a mint place to work....
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post

Z
    I don't know if you mean a company that does "large commercial" work such as chiller & boiler service or a large company that does commercial refrigeration work. Anyway, Jones Lang & Lasalle is nationwide HVAC non-union. Source is western states HVACR non-union. Emcor is Union in some places. Don't know about Trane Building Services, but some Trane Factory Authorized Service contractors are Union. Don't know about McQuay Factory Service or any of their Authorized McQuay Service contractors.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prounionelp View Post
    . Anyway, Jones Lang & Lasalle is nationwide HVAC non-union. Don't know about McQuay Factory Service or any of their Authorized McQuay Service contractors.
    Jones Lang is union is some parts of the country like CA. McQuay 100% non union and very good to work for.
    Aggreko is another large commercial-industrial non-union outfit, there are many light commercial non-union shops.

Post Likes
    That's news to me about JL&L. Hussmann might be Union or non-union where you're @. I was told mcQuay is going Union & that some branches are already Union. A Local in upstate NY lists McQuay Factory service as a signatory. I'm not sure who they're referring to. There's a big difference between McQuay FS & an Authorized McQuay Service contractor.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies guys......

prounionelp, I meant both actually.......

as I've been thinkin about it, I'm gonna put in applications at both union and nonunion shops.....but I'm really lookin for a larger company that plays with the big toys.

will definately be doing some searching locally for the names you guys have given.

Post Likes
    I forgot about Service Experts & Lennox NAS. They may be the same thing though. There's also NexTech, an eastern states HVAC company.
    Does anyone know what happened to MetroTech & Service Solutions Corp.?

Post Likes
    71chops,

I'm on forum runner right now, do I can't see your profile details.

Where are you located?

*edit*

Now that I look, I can see that you're in WV.

Post Likes
    yes, Chas. Wva.......

and I appologize to the mods. I didn't read the jobs rules. I have applied for promembership. My posts in this section need to be deleted, I understand.

Post Likes
    You could try Engineering Excellence or DEEM

Post Likes
    Carrier Rental Systems, Memphis TN

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prounionelp View Post
    Don't know about Trane Building Services, but some Trane Factory Authorized Service contractors are Union.
    Trane Building Services is Union in a handful of places, like Miami, but Trane is mostly non-union.

Post Likes
    Today I was told the Trane Building Services offices that are Union were individually voted on by employees. The Florida district is Miami, Orlando and Jacksonville. I think Miami is the only one that's a signatory office. Tampa and Pensacola are non Trane owned locations.

Post Likes
    71CHOPS, i work for a very large commercial/ industrial , non-union company in manassas, va called Colonial Webb Contractors and we are always looking so check us out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in