+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trane Com4 to AX integration problem......

Post Likes
    Does the install have trane purple wire if not your on your own

Post Likes
    9600 8 none 1

Post Likes
    worked well have done a bunch since then 12 or 13

Post Likes
    dllhvac, can you tell me what the range and output is of the Trane Velocity/Static pressure sensor is? I realize the sensor can output either velocity or static pressure based on a 90 degree rotation. I just can't find the voltage and velocity or static range. I tried searching around with no results.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcmickle View Post
    Thanks again for your help. I'm thinking the Jace 2 with comm4 driver may be the best solution. So if I needed support for the driver after purchase, I would contact infocon?
    yes but usually the supply house you purchase the driver from is the first contact i use broudy supply in philadelphia, also cochrane supply in mich has the driver

Post Likes
    the sensor has the output rating right on it i cannot recall offhand but the bypass damper cannot be controlled by the jace you must replace this controller with another the ccp panel previously controlled the bypass the new touch screen tracker has a comm4 communicating bypass damper that can be discovered and set

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhvac View Post
    the sensor has the output rating right on it i cannot recall offhand but the bypass damper cannot be controlled by the jace you must replace this controller with another the ccp panel previously controlled the bypass the new touch screen tracker has a comm4 communicating bypass damper that can be discovered and set
    i use an infocon easyio 30p or a spyder micro

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhvac View Post
    i use an infocon easyio 30p or a spyder micro
    My CCP system is the older CCPII which uses a remote discharge air temp sensor, duct static sensor, and bypass damper actuator. I believe it's the newer CCPIII that has the communicating UCM (Trane VAV UCM) controlling the bypass and reading the sensors. My thought was I would just pick up the signal from the existing static sensor, but I couldn't find a spec sheet on it, so I will probably just install my own.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave2142 View Post
    I have 2 sites where we are using the comm4 driver. Everything works fine at times but I get a lot of stale data issues which keep the devices from going into occupancy and such. I have tried everything to no avail. Infocon has remoted in and made changes several times, it works for a little while and then goes out again. I think the issue might be poor communications wiring but just looking for some ideas. It seems some of you have good working systems could you just send me a list of the driver parameters you are using so I can see if that fixes things?
    i tried to email you the answer but your email bounced email me at dlhvac@ptd.net

Post Likes
    Does anyone know of a manual I can find that'll help me decipher how to control Trane units via this driver? No matter what I seem to do, setpoints don't seem to work, I'm not sure how to override the units, etc, etc... Salesman sold a job with 400 units. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    What specific units are you dealing with? I've actually had success in finding the unit manual just by searching but it isn't going to directly tell you what to do on the proprietary comm4 points, or what they are. Typical trane, you have to have the right combination of things to get the units running correct, it's not just one thing at a time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    What specific units are you dealing with? I've actually had success in finding the unit manual just by searching but it isn't going to directly tell you what to do on the proprietary comm4 points, or what they are. Typical trane, you have to have the right combination of things to get the units running correct, it's not just one thing at a time.
    Voyagers with Economizer. I'll look up the manuals and see what I can find. Some of the units should be in cooling and they're not. Customer says they don't have local setpoints, but I see a cool setpoint failure. Don't know if that'll lock out compressors or not.

Post Likes
    This might help get it into cool mode at least, this one is in cool mode now. Point names should sort of match up to what the driver discovered.

VoyagerVAVRTU.pdf

Name:  VoyagerVAVRTU.png
Views: 86
Size:  121.3 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in