Post Likes

Trane comm 4 to BCU

I have a site that has two Trane chillers with ch530s and an antiquated York chiller used for backup. The two Trane chillers are brought into a bcu and then Bacnet/ip to my delta system. Had a comm4 card go out on chiller 3 so ordered a new one and replaced it. Got it configured and bound. Realized after doing this that it was addressed the same as chiller 1. (65) Reconfigured as address 66 but it still won't comm. Tried addressing as 67 but still won't work. In tech view in the binding view it shows that it needs to be sequenced, but the sequence button is grayed out. Any ideas? I don't have access to the bcu. TIA

Post Likes
    comm4 is usually pretty solid and straight forward, I assume you have checked polarity of comm on new card? The old comm4 card could be comm3 or comm4, so if it is an old style make sure the daughter board on top is setting in correct orientation. If new comm 4 boards are different then ignore.
    Did you match the dip switch of the new board to the old bad board? unless you specifically know what the old board was addressed as then you can just guess at it since you don't have access to BCU to check.

good luck.

Post Likes
    There are no dip switches on a comm 4 board. Polarity is correct. Any ideas with sequencing?

Post Likes
    You need to know what the BCU is setup to look for on the addressing then set the chillers to match if you don't have Summit on site you'll need to get somebody with a copy to see how it is setup 10 minute fix!

Post Likes
    There's a thumb drive in the bcu that has the files on it. Any way someone could look at that and tell me?

Post Likes
    I sent you an email. Forward the thumb drive contents to me and I'll take a look.

7. Likes controldude liked this post