Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R-717

Quote Originally Posted by Auscold View Post
    so many young guys today couldn't even tap a gasket out but if you work for an industrial company you will learn all those skills because at 11pm on a Saturday night nobody is going to sell you one!
    Tapped out one from the back card of a legal pad in a situation just like that. Worked like a champ until the real one was available. Have a ball peen and one of those note pads... will travel!

Funniest thing I ever saw was a dude lighting a cigarette with a sulfur stick. I thought he was going to fall right out of the lift. Ammonia stinks but sulfur is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by thermojohn View Post
    Tapped out one from the back card of a legal pad in a situation just like that. Worked like a champ until the real one was available. Have a ball peen and one of those note pads... will travel!
    They wouldn't even get the reference!
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    The question that you need to ask yourself, is if you want to travel alot. If you want to do industrial refrigeration, you will travel within your geograpic area, as there usually is not that much of it in a certain area. There is a very good book on industrial refrigeration called industrial refrigeration, by Wilbert Stoecker. This is about cold storage facilities, and recirculated ammonia. This type of system is always a built up system and not a packaged chiller. The book is not cheap, you will pay over $100 for it. This is not a PDF that you can download. Good luck in your choice and remember that ammonia is not for everyone.
    T Stoecker's is an excellent book, packed with lots of valuable information. You might also look into RETA (Refrigerating Engineers and Technicians Association). They have lots of books, courses and educational materials. They also have a certification program and these days, if you want to do industrial refrigeration, most companies will want you to have a RETA certification.

Only reviving this old thread because I'm pretty sure I have Stoecker's "Industrial Refrigeration" in PDF somewhere in my email. If you would like a copy shoot me a pm and I'll get it to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12