Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trane Rover Software?

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas on getting a hold of Trane's Rover software? I've tried the local Trane dealer and they're being difficult, the price I got was rediculous, not to mention they won't return phone calls or give me an answer if they will even sell it to me. Any ideas are much appriecated.

price won't be cheap, your options as far as I know is basically going through a trane service or sales office.

Try getting your hands on the Holy Grail instead. It will be easier, and far more rewarding.

But seriously, schmoozing the local Trane CSO is your best bet. And you need a very loooooong license code to make it work so you can't steal it.

part# is SFT1002 but I doubt they will sell it to you over the counter.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

If you are a site owner you should be able to get it "keep trying" but if you are a contractor you may have to go through your customer?

Try Contacting you Trane commercial salesperson your company deals with. Price runs somewhere between $$$$ and $$$$. Once ordered, it takes about 2 weeks to get.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 01-19-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Pricing Removed

they stock them in parts, at least they do here. I would contact an account executive in your nearest parts department.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

When I ordered Rover in New Joisey, we had to go through Trane BAS dept.. Good luck. I do not think they will give you Trane Graphical Programming with it.

When I bought it several years ago I got it from an independent HVAC supply house that happened to be a Trane Residential and Light Commercial Dealer. You may want to try that route.
    At the time, my supplier called Trane distribution and he was told that from the corporate level Rover was NOT a restricted item. I don't know if that policy has changed since. The problem is that in most localities the Trane branch is the only place that sells Rover and it is up to their discretion who to sell it to.
    Good Luck!!
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

I have a new V7 Rover Lontalk and Comm4 software/Hardware kit I would be willing to part with. Includes a valid auth code. Let me know. Trane P#X13651500-01

Quote Originally Posted by swift518 View Post
    I have a new V7 Rover Lontalk and Comm4 software/Hardware kit I would be willing to part with. Includes a valid auth code. Let me know. Trane P#X13651500-01
    I got first dibs? what are you asking, email is in my profile.
    “If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.” ~Henry J. Kaiser

Ha, I had to buy it last year, Trane sold me a heat pump and didn't tell me i needed the $$$$$ program to start it up. Haven't used it since.

Email sent to you drivewizard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast