Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radiant cooling

Thanks Mike,Travis and Chiller.

I will keep that tube spacing in mind Mike...

I have the same concern Travis with condesation and have read and suggested using an A/H off the the HP for humidity removal an air tempering. The engineers "from Portland" don't seem to feel that it's an issue and therfore the owners are saying no forced air. I haven't talked with them since we were awarded the job though, and we are on hold right now from H/O family issues. I will definitely plead the case and get it all down in writing either way.

Chiller it is a small niche right now, but is growing. Where it stops, how long it takes who knows. I remember a house my parents built when I was a kid in the 60's in Cali with radiant, using galvi pipe. Then radiant all but dissapeared here in residentual until a better cost effective material evolved "pex". It may not be in our time it takes hold but it will be us that determines why or why not.
    If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

What about the effects on the flooring? I would think the use of carpet would be ruled out entirely, right?

I am certainly curious how this will turn out, please keep us updated as the project moves forward and post pictures/videos of what you end up doing.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    What about the effects on the flooring? I would think the use of carpet would be ruled out entirely, right?
    From what I understand carpet is no problem as long as you don't hit the dew point keeping RH low.

I was just told they are now wanting to rebid the job as I was the hvac contractor for the final the 2 generals thus eliminating competitve bids.

I have mega hours into this already dealing with engineers, "which are no longer involved due to flawed design, I pointed out" now lots of my research info is going to be relayed to my competitors. #$%^(*&^). I didn't give it all up and my closest competitor here is my bud, Right Sky? lol

Thanks for sharing, Tempted. Hope things work out for you on that job.

I lost it.

General "A" should of gotten the job Way better General. General "B" way low bid it and is now rebidding the whole thing trying to make it work. I won't cut corners so he is "going a different direction" he said.

General "A" is still in contact with the architect and they are watching Gen "B". So who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
    From what I understand carpet is no problem as long as you don't hit the dew point keeping RH low.

I was just told they are now wanting to rebid the job as I was the hvac contractor for the final the 2 generals thus eliminating competitve bids.

I have mega hours into this already dealing with engineers, "which are no longer involved due to flawed design, I pointed out" now lots of my research info is going to be relayed to my competitors. #$%^(*&^). I didn't give it all up and my closest competitor here is my bud, Right Sky? lol
    I am confused, are we somehow bidding on the same project? I don't think I am bidding on anything quite like this with two generals and I have not been asked for radiant cooling, just as I mentioned below cooling seperate from the floor.

From googling it looks like you own Custom Plus heating in redmond, we don't do any projects that side of the cascades unless your coming to my territory lol.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Don't ya hate it when a "knowledgeable" engineer messes up what could be a good system. This may be a topic for another thread...ranting about poorly trained engineers, but I often have to work around engineers that just pick a piece of equipment out of a book and spec it. No integration and no thought about the big picture. Same as architects that draw in flush beams then say "no bulkheads for ducts", but that is another rant too.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    I am confused, are we somehow bidding on the same project? I don't think I am bidding on anything quite like this with two generals and I have not been asked for radiant cooling, just as I mentioned below cooling seperate from the floor.

From googling it looks like you own Custom Plus heating in redmond, we don't do any projects that side of the cascades unless your coming to my territory lol.
    You are correct Sky all the way around. Our only connection is geographical right now. Which makes you my closest geographical competion that I see frequently on this site . Sorry for any confusion.

LMAO Mike DON"T get us going on engineeers/architects. I just went to an underfloor yesterday print pic and measurements were 2 different animals. Framer built U/F to measurements, put a 6"x8" beam right though the middle of my base can, pic had it behind base can. whoops! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12