Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dumb Carpenters!!

I installed a New HEIL 95% 2 Stage Gas Furnace with a 15SEER Heat Pump Condenser. There were some issues with the flooring where the old downflow had leaked and rotted the floor. The carpenters were going to jack the floor and "Fix Em Up"! The owner now has a 4" hump in his kitchen floor which is on the other side of the house from where the damage is! The owner called me to come move the furnace so they could finish up. The owner now has way more issues than you could imagine with his flooring. The Carpenters put a so called beam over the furnace and a stack of blocks in front of the service panel! These guys are real Gems!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

speechless

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    speechless
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

is that a cork pad on those blocks?

quote a $$ to move furnace or explain consequences to customer( that thing will never get worked on or it will cost you dearly to have it worked on)
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

You should have KNOW that the carpenters (if you could call themn that) would do that. Shame on you for not anticipating that. Any fool could see that.

Of course, in MY opinion, only a fool woould do something like what those wood peckers did.

OBTW, is this in a jurisdiction where you need a permit and an inspection to do a structural modification? If so, were any plans drawn, approved and inspected by the AHJ? Was it inspected and approved?

Just because you can do it doesn't make it right.

Its amazing how much money you can save when you do it wrong the first time.

see it all the time where people screw the poor service guy that has to fix these things!

I'd make those idiots re-do it, and get all that crap out of the way of the furnace.

Priceless!
    mcair

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Nice work....all too common unfortunately, but that's gonna cost someone one day...
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave89 View Post
    see it all the time where people screw the poor service guy that has to fix these things!
    Been there, done that, just not in the trade. I didn't mind the crap work though.. I got paid mileage, I got paid by the hour, I got paid for the materials and it got me out of the office. Wasn't such a good deal for the poor saps who trusted their home to a shoemaker (in many cases the homeowner was the shoemaker), but they typically learned their lesson and learned it well.

Good Grief.....!
    Never give up; Never surrender!

GAS PACK HEAT PUMP very interesting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast