JCI SCT Database Restore

I am trying to restore backups that have been copied from another computer on to my laptop but I am getting an error message that says "Internal Error - Unable to restore archive." I have SCT Manager installed with all of the versions I have backups for and I have tried restoring from each respective version of SCT. I have also tried restoring from my most current version (5.2). I have a desktop computer with SCT that is not having a problem with restoring backups. The only difference between the laptop and desktop is that I have not upgraded my desktop to 5.2 yet. However, I don't think that is the problem... I really want to avoid reinstalling SCT if I can help it...

Has anyone run into this problem?

Same version

Had same issue at a lower version - make sure that the file is not marked as Read-Only.

If you have different versions of SQL Server on the machines you will get this error. For instance if on the server you have SQL 2008 and on your machine you have SQL 2005 you won't be able to restore a database on 2008 on a 2005 machine. You can however restore a 2005 database on a 2008 machine.

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Had same issue at a lower version - make sure that the file is not marked as Read-Only.
    I check the files and they are not marked as Read-Only.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDeal View Post
    If you have different versions of SQL Server on the machines you will get this error. For instance if on the server you have SQL 2008 and on your machine you have SQL 2005 you won't be able to restore a database on 2008 on a 2005 machine. You can however restore a 2005 database on a 2008 machine.
    I have SQL 2005 installed on all of our machines specifically for this reason. However, some machines may have the express version and some may have the regular version. Would that matter?