Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 33
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,943

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Houston area
    Posts
    1,493
    It may be an okay price but it's not okay to talk about it here. We're a sensitive bunch in that respect.

    Strictly off the record, it may be a little high.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

    ¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

    `·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

    .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

    LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    5,337
    HKR-15 is not rated for that equitment.

    Nor will a solo #6 work for the HKR-15.

    Either:
    1. Stop the DIY project before someone gets hurt.

    2. Make the guy who your paying to "do it himself" stop.

    3. Find a real contractor.

    I've never even heard of forcing a homeowner to order their equitment to install. I don't care who spec'd it. You shouldn't be involved in that part of the process.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Suppy NC
    Posts
    4,516
    good luck you will need it

  5. #18
    Sorry about posting a price. The contractor mentioned if I could find the equipment online for cheaper than his price he would install it. The heat pump came as a package I think they sent some of the wrong equipment. I would never do it this way again. I would leave it up to the contractor 100 percent. All the stress of hoping eveyrthing ends up installed ok isn't worth it.

    It sounded like a good idea at the time. Simple to purchase the equipment and have it installed by a pro. I guess he knocked the install price way down since he doesn't have to do any running around. Thats why I am trying to make sure I get all the correct supplies. I'm sure he won't install it with the wrong things. I'm still confused about the wire size of the exterior unit. Is that the same as the wire size of the interior?

    Thanks everyone for all the answers.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,891
    there really is more to it than buying a couple of boxes online and then hire some friend of a friend that says he is a hvac guy to install them ,my crystal ball is telling me there is problems in the future with this install

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    5,337
    Quote Originally Posted by mfreestyle_2000 View Post
    Sorry about posting a price. The contractor mentioned if I could find the equipment online for cheaper than his price he would install it. The heat pump came as a package I think they sent some of the wrong equipment. I would never do it this way again. I would leave it up to the contractor 100 percent. All the stress of hoping eveyrthing ends up installed ok isn't worth it.

    It sounded like a good idea at the time. Simple to purchase the equipment and have it installed by a pro. I guess he knocked the install price way down since he doesn't have to do any running around. Thats why I am trying to make sure I get all the correct supplies. I'm sure he won't install it with the wrong things. I'm still confused about the wire size of the exterior unit. Is that the same as the wire size of the interior?

    Thanks everyone for all the answers.
    You need to drop back 10, and punt.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    St Paul, minnesota
    Posts
    1,256

    Frown

    also if you purchased the equipment online, then there's no warranty. Even Goodman is finally starting to enforce this.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zelienople, Pa
    Posts
    2,965
    Quote Originally Posted by mfreestyle_2000 View Post
    Sorry about posting a price. The contractor mentioned if I could find the equipment online for cheaper than his price he would install it. The heat pump came as a package I think they sent some of the wrong equipment. I would never do it this way again. I would leave it up to the contractor 100 percent. All the stress of hoping eveyrthing ends up installed ok isn't worth it.

    It sounded like a good idea at the time. Simple to purchase the equipment and have it installed by a pro. I guess he knocked the install price way down since he doesn't have to do any running around. Thats why I am trying to make sure I get all the correct supplies. I'm sure he won't install it with the wrong things. I'm still confused about the wire size of the exterior unit. Is that the same as the wire size of the interior?

    Thanks everyone for all the answers.
    NOT TO MENTION NO WARRANTY FROM THE FACTORY FOR ONLINE PURCHASES...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

  10. #23

    wire size exterior unit

    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    You need to drop back 10, and punt.
    Isn't there just a power wire from the electrical box to the box that mounts on the side of your house. Then out of the box on the side of your house an electrical whip goes into the exterior unit? I'm still confused what size of wire to use to the exterior unit. I think I will bring the units information to the electrical store and they will give me the correct supplies. Is it a 10-3 wire? Thats what the electrical whip states. I'm sure if it's not connected correctly the electrical inspector will not pass the permit.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    5,337
    Quote Originally Posted by mfreestyle_2000 View Post
    Isn't there just a power wire from the electrical box to the box that mounts on the side of your house. Then out of the box on the side of your house an electrical whip goes into the exterior unit? I'm still confused what size of wire to use to the exterior unit. I think I will bring the units information to the electrical store and they will give me the correct supplies. Is it a 10-3 wire? Thats what the electrical whip states. I'm sure if it's not connected correctly the electrical inspector will not pass the permit.
    I'm saying you need to completely start over with the entire process.

    Chalk what you've got up as a loss, and start over.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  12. #25

    install saturday

    I'll let you know how it goes. I think it everything is going to be great. I purchased the 10 kw heat strip. Took the specs of the wiring to an electrical store and they gave me what I need. I'm sure if the installer has to get more things i'll be paying the time for him to get it. I don't see how it can go wrong.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,891
    Quote Originally Posted by mfreestyle_2000 View Post
    I'll let you know how it goes. I think it everything is going to be great. I purchased the 10 kw heat strip. Took the specs of the wiring to an electrical store and they gave me what I need. I'm sure if the installer has to get more things i'll be paying the time for him to get it. I don't see how it can go wrong.
    I really hope it all turns out well ,however I see all kind of things that can go wrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event