Hi, I've just purchased a new thermostat and installed, and now I'm not getting power at the furnace. It worked perfectly before installation.
Steps I took:
1) Turn the main power off to the furnace (breaker).
2) Flipped the switch to turn power off at the furnace.
3) Remove the old thermostat and take note of the connections:
- Red to R
- Yellow - Y1
- White - W
- Green - G
- Blue - not connected
4) Connected the new thermostat exactly the same (Venstar T110REC and T1100RF).
5) Flipped the breaker back.
6) Flipped the switch at the furnace back on.
The red LED isn't turning on at the furnace. It's as if there's no power to the furnace or something. Nothing happens when I flip the switch. The power light at the thermostat is also not turning on.
My upstairs furnace has the same thermostat and I installed it a few years ago. The only difference is that the company support told me to connect the blue wire to 'C' both at the thermostat and the furnace. It's worked beautifully for 2 years.
I tried connecting the blue wire to C on the new thermostat and furnace, but still the same. Nothing happening at the furnace.
I tried putting the old thermostat back on. Same. Nothing happening at the furnace.
Now I'm at a loss. Suggestions? Does it sometimes take some time for the furnace to reset? Did I break something?