Ridiculous: 1 Trillion Dollars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This country loves to piss away funds, no matter who's in office.Democrats give money away,and Republicans forgive debt as long as you stay out of the war(see Kuwait, G. Bush). Don't worry, our taxes aren't going to get any lower, remember we had a projected "Surplus"........BwwwaaaaaaHaaaaaahaaaaaa.

F-N sad.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Hey, civil wars aren't cheap these days. Besides Bush said oil revenues will pay for it. Don't you believe him?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Talking

bwaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by geerair
    Hey, civil wars aren't cheap these days. Besides Bush said oil revenues will pay for it. Don't you believe him?
    I don't know who to believe, Bush for saying he was going to use oil revenues and then not or the dems for screaming day in and day out about it being a war for oil, then screaming we're not using it.

Just keeps the head spinning.
    I suppose when you speak out of 14 sides of your mouth like the dems, you can cover everything with your spit more effectively.

"Costs of any such intervention would be small."

"We don't anticipate requesting anything additional for the balance of the year."

"We are dealing with a country that can finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon."

"There is just no reason that this can't be an affordable endeavor."

"If you worry just abut the cost, Iraq is very different from Afghanistan....... Iraq has oil, they have financial resources."

"Reconstruction funds can come from a variety of sources I mentioned, frozen assets, oil revenues, etc."
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Originally posted by geerair
    "Costs of any such intervention would be small."

Who spends every single dime of money appropriated in this country?? That would be congress. Consequently, congress also voted overwhelmingly to finance the Iraq war and ducked out when they started eyeing their run at the White House.

"We don't anticipate requesting anything additional for the balance of the year."

Managing ANY budget requires modification to meet unexpected costs. Again, the executive branch does not spend the money, genius. Any request for extra expenditures must be approved by whom?

"We are dealing with a country that can finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon."
    Hence the word...'relatively'. Please repeat after me, instant gratification is not possible in everything we do.

"There is just no reason that this can't be an affordable endeavor."

It has been and still is 'affordable'.

"If you worry just abut the cost, Iraq is very different from Afghanistan....... Iraq has oil, they have financial resources."

Very true. And contrary to the "oil spin" which geer is such a faggot for, Iraq is still refining and producing it's own oil and absolutely none of it has been seized by ANY other country although I'm not sure why.

"Reconstruction funds can come from a variety of sources I mentioned, frozen assets, oil revenues, etc."

Not sure what the point of posting this quote is.

Originally posted by chillbilly
    Who spends every single dime of money appropriated in this country?? That would be congress. Consequently, congress also voted overwhelmingly to finance the Iraq war and ducked out when they started eyeing their run at the White House.
    Republican owned Congress. Bush's war, Bush spends, Republican owned Congress enables.

Managing ANY budget requires modification to meet unexpected costs. Again, the executive branch does not spend the money, genius. Any request for extra expenditures must be approved by whom?
    Sloppy accounting, unrealisticly optimistic forecasts, ignored expert advice, no bid contracts, bribe money, stolen money, embezzeled money, money that is just plain lost, exhorbitant prices paid for commodities. See, that kind of incompetence and monstrous waste gets you fired in the real world.

Again executive branch's war, executive branch spends. Republican owned Congress enables.

Approved? Rubber-stamped you mean by the Republican owned Congress.

Your lack of grasp of basic civics is only exceeded by your pathetic naivety.

Hence the word...'relatively'. Please repeat after me, instant gratification is not possible in everything we do.
    Three years does not qualify as soon in any rational person's view.

It has been and still is 'affordable'.
    Laughable. Apparently big numbers baffle you.

Very true. And contrary to the "oil spin" which geer is such a faggot for, Iraq is still refining and producing it's own oil and absolutely none of it has been seized by ANY other country although I'm not sure why.
    Unfortunately less than was produced in the Saddam era and not even one drop goes to the promised "pay for reconstruction or war costs" fund.

Not sure what the point of posting this quote is.
    Gee, there is a shocker.

[Edited by geerair on 03-20-2006 at 10:31 PM]

Chapman Cohen

Lookie, geer thinks he's the GAO now.

FYI the government is in the "business" of spending money and it's not relevant to party affiliation.
    Besides, if some of your democratic idols could get themselves elected, they would have some degree of control in the branch that spends the money. That's their fault and IT'S their problem, and geeks like you are just pissed because your rationale is getting dropped like turtle **** in a pond.
    Ronnie Reagan, where are you when we need ya'? LOL!

You think 3 years of military campaign is a long time huh?
    You don't have a clue boy. Sure glad guys like you don't have my back.

FYI the government is in the "business" of spending money and it's not relevant to party affiliation
    It is when that party owns the government lock, stock and barrel. The Republicans own the purse and have pissed it away on a vanity war that has done nothing but lead to a civil war, increased acts of terrorism while cranking out even more terrorists.

Besides, if some of your democratic idols could get themselves elected, they would have some degree of control in the branch that spends the money. That's their fault and IT'S their problem
    Yes, I agree. But see we are talking about now. You conservlicans certainly have a problem focusing.

Ronnie Reagan, where are you when we need ya'? LOL!
    I would kiss Reagan's feet if he were to come back and replace that bumbling meathead we have now.

You think 3 years of military campaign is a long time huh?
    No, I think three years is a long time for the Iraqis to begin paying for this mess especially since Bush and his groupies have been singing about how great and wonderful everything is going in Iraq.

You don't have a clue boy. Sure glad guys like you don't have my back.
    Tell us Chill, what is your military experience?

Chapman Cohen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by geerair
    Tell us Chill, what is your military experience?

What's this "us" crap. Are you making a request for the group now?
    This is the problem with self indulgent people. They expect others to help them with their indulgences.

I wouldn't give you squat, so don't bother making any requests of me.
    Just suffice it to say that I have a plenty of experience with the military and I know a little about love, forgiveness and sacrifice too.
    Of course, sacrifice and forgiveness are just "Christian" terms to you, so I don't expect you to comprehend what they mean or have a sense of their value.

maybe its just me...but the number is so big it dont seem like a real number....like something a kid would say....just seems unimaginable.

I dont understand a lot of the things the goverment does with the $$...pork barrel projects..loans to other countries.....why we did not keep the oil in Iraq.....even the way we rebuild countries...we won its ours...Iraq should be striped..usable stuff sent back to us...and then leave....but Im not incharge.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

What's this "us" crap. Are you making a request for the group now?
    This is the problem with self indulgent people. They expect others to help them with their indulgences.
    The use of "us" is mere editorial style. Nothing out of which to make a federal case. Perhaps your concepts of style are more primitive.

I wouldn't give you squat, so don't bother making any requests of me.
    I'll remember that.

Just suffice it to say that I have a plenty of experience with the military and I know a little about love, forgiveness and sacrifice too.
    Most guys here are proud of their service, as they well deserve to be, and are not hesitant to post the details. If you wish keep your military status or lack of same private, then all well and good, that is your perogative.

Of course, sacrifice and forgiveness are just "Christian" terms to you, so I don't expect you to comprehend what they mean or have a sense of their value.
    Those terms are not exclusive to Christianity but rather have a broad understanding in all quarters.

Chapman Cohen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast