Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 89
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    I know what people on several other sites are saying. And these are not leftists; I'm talking about conservatives who aren't particularly religious.

    Whether justified or not, Santorum scares the crap out of non-Christian people. Many of his statements make people think he is a religious fanatic who would govern that way, and it doesn't go over well with a lot of folks.

    A lot of people have become very put out with politicians who thump their Bible all the time while on the campaign trail. They need to do like Reagan did; he was a pro-life Christian too but he didn't constantly beat the drum. I'm not saying anyone has to run from or compromise their faith either, but they need to run for public office, not for pastor.

    BAC is right on this one, Santorum would lose badly to Obama.
    I have one minor correction- He's scary to non catholics. Most Christians don't share Santorum's hatred of condoms or the pill.

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Read this thread that was just posted and you will see why virtually no one other than the religious right will support a guy like Santorum? I know this doesn't pertain to him personally but it will be potentially seen as being him, by all but a select few.

    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1029591
    That report that Jmac linked to is by another out in left field Socialist organization. Just look at the articles in there supporting the Occupiers.

    For crying out loud, if we keep letting these leftists trying to scare us off of decent Republicans, we may as well just give up now and proclaim Obama the emperor.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    For crying out loud, if we keep letting these leftists trying to scare us off of decent Republicans, we may as well just give up now and proclaim Obama the emperor.
    You're half right. If we support unelectable people like Santorum we may as well just give up now and proclaim Obama the victor/emperor.

    I'd prefer NOT to have another 4 years of Obama, that's why I'm working so hard to keep our party from being ruined by the likes of Santorum. Join me and help us win the White House or have it your way and watch Obama walk all over us. Your choice.

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    That report that Jmac linked to is by another out in left field Socialist organization. Just look at the articles in there supporting the Occupiers.

    For crying out loud, if we keep letting these leftists trying to scare us off of decent Republicans, we may as well just give up now and proclaim Obama the emperor.
    Is a fiscally conservtive businessman, who is faithful to his wife or at least without too much scandal surrounding him about it, too much to ask? He can go worship on Sunday if he wants. He just needs to keep that part of it for the most part private. Religion should be personal between the person and his God. A politician, I believe needs to be able to keep as firm a line between church and state as possible. If he doesn't, he doesn't have a prayer of getting elected, no pun intended.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Is a fiscally conservtive businessman, who is faithful to his wife or at least without too much scandal surrounding him about it, too much to ask? He can go worship on Sunday if he wants. He just needs to keep that part of it for the most part private. Religion should be personal between the person and his God. A politician, I believe needs to be able to keep as firm a line between church and state as possible. If he doesn't, he doesn't have a prayer of getting elected, no pun intended.
    That sounds like an endorsement for Ron Paul!

    -Romney has tax & spend baggage (Romneycare, etc)
    -Santorum has massive tax & spend baggage (Over a billion annually in pork waste)

    -Ron Paul is a fiscal conservative who wants to reduce the size, power and influence of government.

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    There are not many Christians who are more outspoken against the RCC then I am. Still, what the RCC stands for and teaches does not cause me to dislike persons because they are Catholic. I would not consider not voting for Santorum because he is Catholic any more then I would not consider voting for Leiberman because he is a devout Jew or for Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon. In the United States of America, we are free to practice our religious faith without it affecting our ability to hold a public office.

    John F Kennedy was a Catholic, and he was voted into the presidency by liberal Democrats as well as middle of the road Democrats and Independants. President Nixon was a Quaker.

    The only reason Santorum's religion is being attacked is because those who are Socialist Democrats or just plain leftist sickos are afraid that Santorum can defeat O'Bummer.

    We must stop listening to the Democrat left when they attack a Republican candidate. While I would not mind seeing Ron Paul as president, just to shake things up, it is not going to happen. Even if Ron Paul were ever able to win the Republican nomination, he would not win the presidency. It is unfortunate that Ron Paul is such a whack job on too many fronts and his followers are just as goofy, but they are. That is going to keep Ron Paul in the back seat as an antagonist, which is a good thing.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Is a fiscally conservtive businessman, who is faithful to his wife or at least without too much scandal surrounding him about it, too much to ask? He can go worship on Sunday if he wants. He just needs to keep that part of it for the most part private. Religion should be personal between the person and his God. A politician, I believe needs to be able to keep as firm a line between church and state as possible. If he doesn't, he doesn't have a prayer of getting elected, no pun intended.
    I can't disagree with you. Unfortunately, politicians need to be able to portray themselves as persons of some sort of moral convictions. O'Bummer tried and failed with his Reverend Wright fiasco, and is now getting even more alienated from persons of faith with his battle with the Catholic Church. Even those who are not Catholic have to worry about a president who feels he has the right to force government regulations on a religious institution.

    If Santorum can just tone down his faith a bit, he will become a smaller target for those who are attacking him based on his faith.

    In no way do I see anything rational that supports Santorum wants to force his beliefs on anyone else. Everything posted in this thread that makes such claims comes from extreme radical leftist sources that will say anything to get the U.S. to become Socialist.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    That sounds like an endorsement for Ron Paul!

    -Romney has tax & spend baggage (Romneycare, etc)
    -Santorum has massive tax & spend baggage (Over a billion annually in pork waste)

    -Ron Paul is a fiscal conservative who wants to reduce the size, power and influence of government.
    His views on the Fed and foreign policy among other things make him a non issue to me. I'm against anyone with what I consider extreme views. I believe we need someone who can work well with the system we have now. I'm OK with tweeking the system. I'm not OK with overhauling it. But I think Paul could probably do better than Santorum in a general election. Middle of the road people I think would go to Paul faster than Santorum. But I dont think either one of them is electable. I'll say it again Romney is the only one with even a shot of winning IMO.

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    His views on the Fed and foreign policy among other things make him a non issue to me. I'm against anyone with what I consider extreme views. I believe we need someone who can work well with the system we have now. I'm OK with tweeking the system. I'm not OK with overhauling it. But I think Paul could probably do better than Santorum in a general election. Middle of the road people I think would go to Paul faster than Santorum. But I dont think either one of them is electable. I'll say it again Romney is the only one with even a shot of winning IMO.
    I think you are 100% correct in all points in this post.

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    The most recent poll has Santorum looking very electable;
    Santorum Surges to Tie Romney

    Race takes another turn as Santorum gains 14 points since winning Feb. 7 GOP contests

    February 13, 2012
    The Republican presidential race is now a 32% to 30% statistical tie between Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, in Gallup interviewing conducted wholly after Santorum's victories in the Feb. 7 nominating contests.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

    And, no one could ever be anywhere close to O'Bummer when it comes to being a tyrant. Santorum says he is the best bet to beat Obama, and I believe him; <object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element...win-romney.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element...win-romney.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    His views on the Fed and foreign policy among other things make him a non issue to me. I'm against anyone with what I consider extreme views. I believe we need someone who can work well with the system we have now. I'm OK with tweeking the system. I'm not OK with overhauling it. But I think Paul could probably do better than Santorum in a general election. Middle of the road people I think would go to Paul faster than Santorum. But I dont think either one of them is electable. I'll say it again Romney is the only one with even a shot of winning IMO.
    People who know better then we do don't agree;
    Mitt Romney’s retort during last Thursday’s debate that healthcare is “not worth getting angry about,” is his own admission that he cannot beat President Barack Obama in the election, according to the American Spectator.
    American Spectator: Romney Knows He Can’t Beat Obama

    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...mney-cant-win/

    http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Column...012.aspx#page1

    The very fact that leftist Socialists are attacking Santorum so strongly tells me that Santorum is the most feared by Obama supporters and other goofballs.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The most recent poll has Santorum looking very electable; http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

    And, no one could ever be anywhere close to O'Bummer when it comes to being a tyrant. Santorum says he is the best bet to beat Obama, and I believe him; <object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element...win-romney.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element...win-romney.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

    I believe that the religious right could win the nomination for Santorum.
    Romney has proven himself quite vulnerable on many fronts. But in a general election Santorum is toast. Romney with strong support from the party and alot of luck, I believe would have a much better chance in the general election. The longer the process lingers on and Romney gets to say dumb stuff the less likely that he or any pub gets in.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I believe that the religious right could win the nomination for Santorum.
    Romney has proven himself quite vulnerable on many fronts. But in a general election Santorum is toast. Romney with strong support from the party and alot of luck, I believe would have a much better chance in the general election. The longer the process lingers on and Romney gets to say dumb stuff the less likely that he or any pub gets in.
    If you fear Romney saying dumb stuff now, what makes you think he could last the general election without saying dumb stuff?

    With Romney, those in the middle will have a choice between two candidates who on the same page with healthcare, so why change horses in mid-stream? Only Santorum offers rationality without carrying the political and social baggage that Gingrich has or the extreme views that Ron Paul has.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event