Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Better take a more close look at the site you linked to;

It looks like an extreme leftist site in disguise! Check out the bumper stickers that site has for sale; http://irregulartimes.com/exprogressive.html

That's right...or actually, very left....the irregular times is a Communist Progressive site that does not want Santorum to be running against O'Bummer.
    Actually a great many independents will vote for Santorum because he will be the alternative to Obama. It is predicted that the young voters that carried OB last election will not vote this time and if they do not for OB and there will not be a new influx of young first time voters.

The Tea Party people will vote for Santorum and the majority of the Tea Party is independent voters and even some moderate Democrats. The only people that will vote for OB are blacks and extreme liberals not enough to carry the election.

This whole thing leaves me befuddled. Since we have a Muslim, Communist, Fascist, non citizen in office now you would think there would be a multitude of strong candidates just waiting to run since they would most assuredly win. You guy's won't get YOUR country back any time soon by the looks of this crop of losers. Like I said if the incumbent is so bad and is defiantly trying to destroy the country why is the field so thin? Carry on rationalizing - the entertainment value is priceless.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    This whole thing leaves me befuddled. Since we have a Muslim, Communist, Fascist, non citizen in office now you would think there would be a multitude of strong candidates just waiting to run since they would most assuredly win. You guy's won't get YOUR country back any time soon by the looks of this crop of losers. Like I said if the incumbent is so bad and is defiantly trying to destroy the country why is the field so thin? Carry on rationalizing - the entertainment value is priceless.
    Do Not have a clue do you; the best candidates are never going to run because of the assault on one’s family. I am not ashamed of my past but I would not want to put myself or my family through the unconscionable shredding a candidate goes through.
    I am not saying we should not vetted a candidate but the personal attacks are just over the top. Even some of the attacks on OB offended me.

Do you think that Gingrich is more electable with all of his history that will be pounced on during the election? Do you think Romney is really much different then O'Bummer?

I agree that in order to get Obama out of office, we are most likely going to have to make huge compromises, but why not support the candidate who would make the most difference?

Your spiritual differences with Santorum don't mean any more then mine do as far as the man being president. His specific religious thoughts don't really matter. It is only the liberal media and leftists on this site who try to make an issue out of Santorum's personal religious convictions. It's not like Santorum, or anyone else, can do anything to create social laws to force others to think like he does.

In essence, all of this nonsense about Santorum's personal convictions is a completely moot point being publicized and made a big deal of by leftists who don't want Santorum to have a shot at being president. Leftists are afraid of Santorum, that is why they are attacking him.
    I know what people on several other sites are saying. And these are not leftists; I'm talking about conservatives who aren't particularly religious.

Whether justified or not, Santorum scares the crap out of non-Christian people. Many of his statements make people think he is a religious fanatic who would govern that way, and it doesn't go over well with a lot of folks.

A lot of people have become very put out with politicians who thump their Bible all the time while on the campaign trail. They need to do like Reagan did; he was a pro-life Christian too but he didn't constantly beat the drum. I'm not saying anyone has to run from or compromise their faith either, but they need to run for public office, not for pastor.

BAC is right on this one, Santorum would lose badly to Obama.

Who gives a flip about what Santorum or Newt think about abortion, bed room sex, etc. They are conservatives and they don't believe the feds have any business taking over the provocative of the states.

It is called separation of powers which is not practiced much anymore. So this is all a smoke screen in my opinion to get Mitt in the seat and or destroy Rick or Newt if they get the nomination so Obama will win. That is my opinion and I am sticking with it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Good point. I think our republican primary process is a total disaster. Our candidates suck. The onlt person who ran who kinda had me excited was cain, until it was discovered that he was a womanizer. We should be able to put someone better forward. Rommney=RINO. Gingrinch=highly questionable moral fiber and questionable conservative credentials. Sanatorum=belongs in a sanitarium. Ron Paul=Belongs on planet X. Rick Perry=needs to sit down and shut up to stop humiliating texans.

I do like any one of them better than the big O, but it is a dismal selection of morons to have to choose a favorite from.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Do Not have a clue do you; the best candidates are never going to run because of the assault on one’s family. I am not ashamed of my past but I would not want to put myself or my family through the unconscionable shredding a candidate goes through.
    I am not saying we should not vetted a candidate but the personal attacks are just over the top. Even some of the attacks on OB offended me.
    Politics has always been a dirty business. Nice try. That still doesn't explain why qualified people aren't lining up to remove this supposed source of evil. At his rate democracy doesn't stand a chance, even if I don't agree with some of the opposing views, our system requires strong opposition to survive.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Politics has always been a dirty business. Nice try. That still doesn't explain why qualified people aren't lining up to remove this supposed source of evil. At his rate democracy doesn't stand a chance, even if I don't agree with some of the opposing views, our system requires strong opposition to survive.
    Yes politics have always been dirty but with the internet and 24 hr. news the assaults have become relentless. A few years ago we had people like Steve Forbes running he would never run today, Collin Powell would not run.

The main reason we cannot get a true conservative as the GOP nominee is because the primary process is stacked against them, look at the states that have the initial primaries and caucuses not exactly bastion of conservative thought. Any true conservative is weeded out from the money before they get a chance to reach their core constituency.

I believe in the end it will like usual come down to the economy. Lately the market has been doing good. Unemployment is down. Housing seems to be stabilizing. If these things continue to improve then no Pub will beat Obama. But if the economy is seen as free falling then all of a sudden one of the Pubs might not look so bad. I still say Romney is the only one who would even have a chance but if all of a sudden a depression hit even RP could win.

Don't let the folks in Iowa,South Carolina and Maine hear you say they aren't conservative bastions. What is up with these primaries? The GOP governors are trying to make voting tougher with all these new laws under the guise of preventing voter fraud but the Republicans in charge can't even count the votes correctly, first Iowa and now Maine. I guess you guys are right - I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Actually a great many independents will vote for Santorum because he will be the alternative to Obama. It is predicted that the young voters that carried OB last election will not vote this time and if they do not for OB and there will not be a new influx of young first time voters.

The Tea Party people will vote for Santorum and the majority of the Tea Party is independent voters and even some moderate Democrats. The only people that will vote for OB are blacks and extreme liberals not enough to carry the election.
    Of course Independants would vote for Santorum. Also, I believe one of the last polls shows that Santorum has a better chance to beat Obama then either Romney or Gingrich have.

That's exactly why leftists are attacking Santorum.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I believe in the end it will like usual come down to the economy. Lately the market has been doing good. Unemployment is down. Housing seems to be stabilizing. If these things continue to improve then no Pub will beat Obama. But if the economy is seen as free falling then all of a sudden one of the Pubs might not look so bad. I still say Romney is the only one who would even have a chance but if all of a sudden a depression hit even RP could win.
    The media will keep making it seem that the economy is doing better until after the election, the same way that they hyped how bad things were just before the last election.

After the last election, things got a whole lot worse, but the media toned that down as much as they could.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

More likely then not, a President Santorum would not press for his personal convictions to be put into any form of law. The man has a right to his personal convictions.
    Read this thread that was just posted and you will see why virtually no one other than the religious right will support a guy like Santorum? I know this doesn't pertain to him personally but it will be potentially seen as being him, by all but a select few.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1029591

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast