Santorum The Unelectable Tyrant - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    k-fridge is offline ARP Committee & Global Moderator
    I agree that Santorum is not electable. Obama would crush him in the general election.

I am an evangelical Christian (of the Protestant variety), and I take issue with some of his positions.

Hebrews 13:4

King James Version (KJV)

4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
    In case you aren't familiar with the term "undefiled";

Adj.1.undefiled - free from stain or blemish immaculate
    pure - (used of persons or behaviors) having no faults; sinless

As for him being the most conservative, I disagree again. While he has some conservative credentials and talks a good game, his positions we're discussing in this thread are not conservative ones. They are big government intrusion, the kind of thing we would expect from the political left. A true conservative does not want the federal government in our bedrooms,. A true conservative does not want the feds involved in marriage. And a true conservative would not want the feds making decisions concerning birth control unless possibly there's a health or safety issue associated with it.

I laugh at this K.

WHO do you think is the most "conservative" Newt? Mitt?

Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    I laugh at this K.

WHO do you think is the most "conservative" Newt? Mitt?
    None of them are in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    None of them are in my opinion.
    Exactly why I am no longer Republican. The Grand Old Party ain't so grand.

These days it's just "unaffiliated conservative".

Let's have a beer.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

I like Santorum, but only because Newt will not get the nomination.

What is Santorum attempting to micro manage in the bedroom of consenting adults and whats his legislative record on the matter?

Something tells me there's not much to support the hysteria.

Santorum can beat Obama. Most people agree with Santorum on most issues and Obamas record is crap.

BACnet is offline Removed by Admin- No Return
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    What is Santorum attempting to micro manage in the bedroom of consenting adults and whats his legislative record on the matter?

Something tells me there's not much to support the hysteria.
    If you suffered through the interview I linked in post #8, you'd know. But it is a long video and there's no way anyone could watch the whole thing without punching their monitor. But I found another article that talks about some of the crazy crap he's for. Make no mistake-his record is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Exactly why I am no longer Republican. The Grand Old Party ain't so grand.

These days it's just "unaffiliated conservative".

Let's have a beer.
    Right there with you, bro. Republicans have become Democrat lite, they just suck a bit less than the Dems is all.

I still end up voting Republican most of the time because the Dems suck and the viable 3rd party candidates are few and far between. I sure wish it wasn't that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    If you suffered through the interview I linked in post #8, you'd know. But it is a long video and there's no way anyone could watch the whole thing without punching their monitor. But I found another article that talks about some of the crazy crap he's for. Make no mistake-his record is crap.
    I read the article. Santorum supports legal access to birth control. He is allowed to have a personal opinion about birth control. He's catholic and catholics don't believe in artificial birth control. He has no legislative record that says otherwise.

What is Santorum proposing to change legally about contraceptives or bedroom activities between consenting adults.?

newoldtech is offline ARP Committee/Professional Member
    I read the article. Santorum supports legal access to birth control. He is allowed to have a personal opinion about birth control. He's catholic and catholics don't believe in artificial birth control. He has no legislative record that says otherwise.

What is Santorum proposing to change legally about contraceptives or bedroom activities between consenting adults.?

Technically that may be right. But in reality, many American voters will not be willing to accept that. They will feel that his strong religious beliefs will find their way into policy. It would be sorta like a pol saying "I think blacks are inferior to whites, but I promise, if elected,I will treat them equally." Strong personal beliefs , on topics like abortion, gays, contraception etc. will be strongly considered by most. Some will like his views but some, I think more than enough will deem him unelectable for them. There is no way around it IMO.

http://irregulartimes.com/santorum2.html

Santorum also said this in the same interview:

I've been very clear about that. The right to privacy is a right that was created in a law that set forth a (ban on) rights to limit individual passions. And I don't agree with that. So I would make the argument that with President, or Senator or Congressman or whoever Santorum, I would put it back to where it is, the democratic process. If New York doesn't want sodomy laws, if the people of New York want abortion, fine. I mean, I wouldn't agree with it, but that's their right. But I don't agree with the Supreme Court coming in.
    Some people might disagree with some of Santorums opinions but many more will probably agree with most of his opinions.

Besides, what congress is realistically going to ban contraception or gay love?

It's a little silly if you ask me.

I think the country is far more worried about going bankrupt which is something that Obama fully endorses it would seem from the way he likes to spend money.

I think the country is far more worried about going bankrupt which is something that Obama fully endorses it would seem from the way he likes to spend money.
    I'm with you on that point. And Santorum cannot claim to be fiscally conservative. It's impossible to overlook the Billion+ dollars in earmarks that he carved out for himself while in congress.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...katrina-trinko

I'm with you on that point. And Santorum cannot claim to be fiscally conservative. It's impossible to overlook the Billion+ dollars in earmarks that he carved out for himself while in congress.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...katrina-trinko
    Well, you've got me there, but look at our choices, Earmarker (practically the only way appropriation bills bring any money back to your state) or big daddy Romney care?.

I'm not totally down on Romney but, his biggest flaw in my book is being honest. I don't trust him. I think he learned how to speak conservatese using rosetta stone.

I think either of them will crush Obama. The economy sucks and there is no way to get around that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast