Type: Posts; User: rcevan
Search took 0.01 seconds.
The main floor will be prestressed concrete. I haven't talked with the two concrete contractors about a drain for the floor and the options there.
If the condensate drain slopes to outdoors it...
Thanks for the responses. Especially about the relay for the "door left open" lockout.
1) its a detached garage
2) it will be well insulated and the attic space will be conditioned space
I talked with my heating contractor yesterday regarding a garage I'm designing. He says that a high efficiency furnace placed in the attic would need a sump pit and pump so the condensate will...
1) that's why they do closed systems
2a) so, either a dedicated water heater or
2b) a heat exchanger
those who propose open systems say that an elevated temperature (is it above 120?) keeps the...
As a "studied non-professional" i agree that the manual must state that the water heater is approved for the application.
1) there are numerous such water heaters available and they are very...
Just to show how "up in the air" or "wishy washy" I am:
1) I'd love radiant - but I think it will add up to close to the same $ as geo thermal, which is supposed to save $ for the long haul, so...
We've lived in a year-round cabin in Minnesota and have heated w/ a wood stove for 20+ years. We are removing the roof and adding a 2nd story and want to add a furnce or boiler and have less...
1) i want to do the right thing
2) i am printing out the Dan Holohan material and will read it this weekend
3) I got two contradictory things from your text. (so, i missunderstood)
==> your Q...
Tedkidd says to use con-mod
21degrees says tankless
where do i learn the "why" behind answers/opinions?
Tedkidd says the Vertex efficency will be low(er) since the "incomming" temp won't be...
What do you think of using the Vertex for radiant heating using their circulating loop heater?
I have electric hot water and NO heat/furnace. (I've been using firewood)
We now have natural gas...
I've been thinking about installing radiant heating in my house this summer while renovating.
We have 900 sq ft per floor for the main floor and 2nd floor. The basement will only be heated for...