Type: Posts; User: drumbeater
Search: Search took 0.02 seconds.
01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Previous company replaced evap coil. For some reason the piping connections were in a different spot. Don't worry about the old air handler panels, just tape it up. And the owner called them back to...
We've had about 8 of them fail in the last two weeks. All Carrier and Payne, and all right at 2 years old.
Dual fuel is near foolproof nowadays. Don't be scared of it at all.
I don't think I ever recommend going down in size. Even with zoning. We're in Georgia and worse case happens about 30 times a year, LOL.
04-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I'd chose a HP also. You would have similar luck with Trane or Carrier. The 18.5 SEER probably isn't worth the difference in price, payback could be along time.
If it's a warranty compressor, I'd replace the compressor. I wouldn't recommend replacement unless there were other problems, leaks, etc.
Was the unit actually calling for humidity, or was your house just at 40% humidity? Maybe there are external causes for that humidity level? (Which IMO seems pretty low.)
Once the humidity is up...
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Latent cooling is produced during dehumidification. That's about 40% of the total cooling produced by a system. The other 60% is Sensible cooling which is basically just temperature change. It's not...
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
How does a slow start help control humidity?
Air conditioners dehumidify, thats what they do. 2 speed units do a better job with a vs motor. And a generic tstat does not have specific humidity...
04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Variable speed is only useful with 2 speed equipment and dehumidification. That unit is a single speed unit and a generic tstat generally will not control humidity. Make sure they are not just...
Results 1 to 10 of 10