UV Lights to stop mold in new system--Effectiveness/Risks
I had new Carrier Infinity system installed about a month ago (HP, Coil, Gas Furnace, Powered Fan Humidifier, Infinity Control--all Carrirer branded including the Powered Fan Humidifier). I'm considering having the contractor add a UV light(s) to prevent mold growth in the coil/humidifier. My concern about mold is that when the old system was removed, the humidifier was pretty nasty with black mold spores/growth.
My question is how well these UV lights work and are the plastics used in the coil drain pan and humidifier resisitant to degradation from the UV light? Am I running an increased risk of problems with platics becoming brittle/cracking years down the road? Thanks in advance for any insights provided.