1. Because it is in the National Code.
Originally posted by setexas
41Gasman, I did come here to learn, I am looking for facts & logical reasoning, not one-line statements. I think binford is the only one that read ALL of my initial post.
To help my education, could you answer at least my question number #1?
1. Why will this not pass code? Where is your neck of the world?
2. Exactly what statement did I make that caused you to think that I had a LOT to learn? I asked my original question because even thought it is OK according to IRBC 2003, there may be issues the code people may not have considered.
3. I was NOT asking "what does offgassing got to do with it?" but rather "What is offgasing from plywood, and is it really a concern over the temp range we are talking about?
4. I apologize to everyone that I unintentionally badgered.