Just curious if going from about 1/4" blown in insulation in my attic to R-19 if there will be much savings? Have an older house and thinking about doing this before winter strikes. Is it worth the time or just wait untill i can afford r-39 as suggested? In central US
Thanks for your help...
Its worth it. Depending how long it will take till you can afford to increase to R39.
If its going to be a couple years. Add it. If its going to be next year, wait.
Have you asked for pricing on blown in from contractors? Shouldn't be that big a difference from 19 to 39. Make sure you have good ventilation.
make sure your ductwork is sealed and healthy before you blow. if someone goes crawling around the attic after insulation is blown it will compromise the R-valve.