recent graduate looking for work - Ontario CANADA
Hi all, my name is Pat, and I just come into the trade. I was in real property maintenance/renovation and management for 4 years before joining the trade. I was jack of all trade, and decided that I would concentrate on one that won't go away anytime soon. I've sent most of the contractor in town my resume/CV and I'm working on the rest of them :).
I have my G3 and OBT3 license and I also have Ozone Depletion Prevention card. I also have electrician diploma from Stratford Career Institute, it was a long distance course. I am planning to take my G2 license (for under 400k btuh) this fall and some other courses from HRAI as they become available and time/money permitting. I am eager to learn and I believe I would make a reliable and competent technician.
I would like to stay around Kingston, ON, as I would like to take my next license (G2) with the same instructor. All my courses were taken at Jenal Trades and Training Centre in Kingston, ON. I will relocate if I have to with short notice.
Feel free to contact me for resume, I will post one as soon as I know how to. my email is ptofani007 at yahoo dot com.
well, here is a copy and paste of my resume:
PATRIA (Pat) ASA TOFANI
924 Sydenham Rd
Kingston, ON, K7M 3L7
Phone: (613) 547-1444 Cell: (613) 483-5870
Career Objective: To obtain position as Gas/Oil Burner Technician 3
Summary of Qualification:
• Valid G3 and OBT3 license.
• Valid ODP card. Transportation of Dangerous Goods license will be taken soon.
• 4+ years involvement in a property management team.
• Excellent mechanical aptitude.
• Organized, punctual, friendly, energetic, reliable, dependable, and a team player person.
• Have previous experience in customer service and sales.
• Neat business-like appearance.
• Focus on customer satisfaction and meeting their needs efficiently.
• Have experience in back office duty such as record keeping, data input, and filing.
• Have experience in interacting with different types of people.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Extremely hardworking and dedicated.
• People oriented and able to multitask.
• Quick learner.
• Committed to my on going knowledge and skills advancement.
EDUCATION and TRAINING:
• Valid G3 and OBT3 license. Courses were taken at Jenal Trades and Training Centre.
• Valid ODP Card.
• Electrician Diploma from Stratford Career Institute.
• Diploma in Property Appraisal and Assessment from St. Lawrence College.
• Real Property Appraisal certificate from University of British Columbia.
• Law Clerk program from St. Lawrence College.
• Transportations of Dangerous Goods will be taken as soon as they are available.
• Delivery Crew Member, Delta Global Logistic, March-April 2009
- Short term contract, ended by early April 2009.
- Deliver products to customer’s houses as per contract agreement.
• Fibre Technician Trainee, Invista Canada, Kingston, ON, March 2008 – October 2008
- Operated technical nylon fibre spinning machine.
- Supervised and responsible for 8 positions.
- Responsible for Quality control.
- Energy control lock-out.
- Trouble shoots mechanical and quality problems.
- Performed corrective actions and minor mechanical maintenance.
- Worked in a crew of 20 people and in group of 6 per each spinning machine.
- Other supporting roles as assigned.
• Member of management team for a landlord in Kingston, ON June 2004 - March 2008
- Helping to manage a total of 45 unit apartments in 2 cities.
- Addressed tenants’ concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Identify and conduct preventative maintenance.
- Tenants and contractors relation.
- Showing vacant apartment.
- Preparing units for showing.
- Collecting rent cheques.
- Other duties as assigned.
• MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation), (Jun- Nov 2003)
- Verified the accuracy of existing customer record and updated them as necessary.
- Field works such as taking building measurement and collection of property data.
- Office duties such as record keeping, data verification, building permits application, and data input.
- Supported Customer Service in responding to customer inquires.
- Conducted substantial works using MPAC’s computer system.
• Appraiser Co-op, S. Rayner and Associate, Kingston, ON (Nov-Dec 2003)
- Helped the appraisers with their field works such as property inspection and site assessment.
- Office duty such as: report preparation, record keeping, and determining comparable properties.
• Computer Use Support, St. Lawrence College, Oct. 2003-April 2004
- Provided user support and service for the computer users at the College’s library during evening hours. - Ensured that rules are followed and no inappropriate contents are in the computers.
- Helped other students or users with their computer problems.
• Support St. Andrew’s soup kitchen and food bank.
• Volunteered with Election Canada.
• Involved in various athletic event in town.
• Support local political party and charities.
References are available upon request