HHO Fireplace won't stay lit....
:) Yes, I have an HHO (oxy-hydrogen) 3-sided fireplace. Just finally converted it this week. I need some suggestions on back-flash suppression.
Here are the specs:
I'm using HHO (oxy-hydrogen) gas 1/2" line in with a water bubbler as a flash suppressor.
HHO Generator specs:
12vdc input modulating from 10-30amps
I'm getting about 1 liter of HHO gas in 3minutes.
My first attempt, ran fine without a water bubbler in between the generator and the combustion chamber but when I turned off the gas, the generator tended to disassemble itself into tiny pieces with a large shot-gun sized BOOM spreading water everywhere.
With the bubbler, I am not having that problem, but I am not getting a steady flame now.
Has anyone here worked with oxy-hydrogen or hydrogen electrolysis?
Plates and regulator do the trick!
I went back to the drawing board and saw two things I overlooked. I changed the surface area of my electrolysis plates and changed my regulator.......
much much better.
This is awesome! A water buring fireplace!! I think the best thing is the efficiency and no need for venting. Next step is to apply for a patent. I don't think Heat-n-glo would be too happy about me altering their products for profit lol.
I've been working on this for quite a while now. It's not too often that an HVAC guy gets to work on something like this.... a Steve Jobs-Bill Gates kind of moment.