Tracer work station very sloooooooooooooow
I have a building running Tracer Summit, not by choice.
The building manager told me that lately the work station takes a long time to load the graphics and information. I checked out the computer and all is good on that end. I tested the Lan connections and had great speed from end to end. Which leads me to the BCU not communicating properly. I am not well versed in the Tracer world, so Im not sure where to go from here. Do I just hard start the BCU, or is there something particular I need to be looking for.
Please do not tell me to use Rover. I do not want to purchase it or support Trane BAS.
Tracer Summit Slowing Down
When the system is running slow and crashing from time to time the Summit Database could be corrupted.
If you receive the error "Error occurred while storing object reference to summit database, Tracer Summit will now shut down."
The next step is to repair the database. This is very easy!
1. Shut down Tracer Summit, you will be accessing its files so it must be shut down for the repair.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel
3. Open Administrative tools
4. Double click the ODBC icon. Sometimes labeled Data Sources (ODBC) or 32-bit Data Sources. If running 2000 or XP, double click the Administrative Tools icon then Data Sources (ODBC).
5. Click the Add button
6. Select 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)' in the list
7. Click the Finish button to open the ODBC Microsoft Access Setup box
8. Click the Repair button
9. Drill down through the directory to C:/Program files/Tracer Summit/Database/summit.mdb, click OK
- This will repair the Microsoft Access Database associated with Tracer Summit.
- Feel free to repair all .mdb files in the Tracer Summit/Database folder