10-27-2004, 02:46 PM
I was asked the other day over the phone to give my idea of what I thought was wrong with this stove.(I didn't get the brand name soo).....anyway the stove kept on trying to light, It was had a electric sparking device that lit the gas. I asked...when it started trying to light and she told me after the handyman came and cleaned up the stove.Wiped it down and such. I came to the conclusion that the guy wet the spark igniter and left it wet causing some kind of short.or it was just a bad igniter or switch. Could I be right?? What else can I check???