View Full Version : I got a job offer and cant decide what to do...
10-28-2008, 11:25 AM
The thing is I have been offered a postition with Kirlin Service doing the same thing i already do. I am a stationary mechanic for a data center. The difference is now i work for the company who owns the data center, and working for kirlin will be third-party. The pay with kirlin is about 5.00/hr more and it is a union position. I am worried about being third party and being the low guy on the totem pole if they have to make cuts, especially with the economy like it is. The down side is, I may have to go back to working a night shift, and i am not thrilled about that nor is my family. So my question to you is what are your thoughts on JJK (service side) and my situation. I really need some help as i am having a hard time deciding on my own. Thanks for any and all help guys!
10-28-2008, 11:39 AM
I may have to go back to working a night shift
You would have to pay me alot more than bucks per hour to work the night shift. I hate even being on call. I wouldn't take this job because of the night shift. But thats me.
10-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I just finally got back to a day shift after eing on nights for a year. I have only been back on days like 2 weeks lol! I dont mind it that much, but my family are the ones who have to make the sacrifice not me...
10-29-2008, 10:37 AM
I have met some of their people and their reputation is top notch. They are a safe ship in the storm, so if all else is equal then take the job.
11-01-2008, 09:03 PM
If you are not union now and they are signing you with local 602 all of the other benifits that come with the hourly figure add up also. Good Luck
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.